Harvard Education

xiaofeixia2011

Looks like it's been "greyed out" and rendered unclickable on the website. I'd say either a change to application status is afoot, they were sick of all unnecessary web traffic coming in, or it's an automatic change now that all of the application deadlines have passed.

It's fun to read into things, isn't it?

I just tried and the link is greyed out unavailable here as well. Just in case someone thought it was there computer or something1 :)

I hope it means decisions will be available today. I really just want to know at this point. (Please no-one get mad at me because in all my posts I talk about just wanting to know my decisions already). :blink:

Jeeez, i'm going to take it as a bad sign that I can still access my account.

It still is as it appeared when I submitted my application.

I think they generally inform the people that are accepted first ... i knew it was a long shot but still sad

hopefully, i am just reading too much into things

Jeeez, i'm going to take it as a bad sign that I can still access my account.

It still is as it appeared when I submitted my application.

I think they generally inform the people that are accepted first ... i knew it was a long shot but still sad

hopefully, i am just reading too much into things

Are they trying to update any new information?

I just tried and the link is greyed out unavailable here as well. Just in case someone thought it was there computer or something1 :)

I hope it means decisions will be available today. I really just want to know at this point. (Please no-one get mad at me because in all my posts I talk about just wanting to know my decisions already). :blink:

It seems they usually send out results on the second Friday of March according to previous two years. I guess this year it will be 12? Just guessing.huh.gif

I really wouldn't read too much into this, especially some people (it seems) can still access as normal. I suspect it's just a normal update thing. It would be a weird of byproduct of the decisions being made.

One week to go sounds about right. (He said, with absolutely no evidence to back it up).

I really wouldn't read too much into this, especially some people (it seems) can still access as normal. I suspect it's just a normal update thing. It would be a weird of byproduct of the decisions being made.

One week to go sounds about right. (He said, with absolutely no evidence to back it up).

I tried again. It worked if you use your saved link, but they just made the button greyed.

It is interesting thing anyway.

The online application link on the admissions website has been greyed out for weeks. Please go back to living your lives (if you have them? Sheeeesh). Thanks.

Management

Yes, according to this poster, we are not supposed to feel any anxiety or stress, and are directed to follow his/her example. We are grateful that he/she deigns to speak to us and directs us to attempt to have any sort of life, because apparently all we do is sit here on this forum and commiserate over the tiniest things.

ballard011, please let us know if you are offered admission; I'll then know to defer my offer to insure that I am not in your cohort.

(For the rest of us) I have my Harvard app bookmarked, it has always been accessible, including just a moment ago. No change as per usual, nothing to get excited over. It could be the 12th if we look at historical records, but it could also be as late as the 26th, which is what some Ed.D applicants who have been rejected but kicked over into the Ed.M pile, were told.

I don't have a saved link.

I also agree with multiple other posters- whoever you are Ballard, your comments aren't needed or wanted. If all you have to do is say negative things and mean replies BUZZ OFF.

When you compare the applicants of past years to the applicants of this year, the desperation rings loud and clear in this group. It sickens me.

(Who knows, gradcafe.com '10 might just be the only cohort you'll be a member of?)

Angelicasassy. Of course you don't have a saved link. The school must have created a website just for you to see!

Whoever you are, angelicasassy, we all know too much about your insecurities. "Buzz off?" ARE YOU TRYING TO KICK ME OFF OF THE INTERNET? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Don't feed the trolls. Clearly, some people have deep-rooted psychological issues beyond natural anxieties, or what is a more probable explanation is that the troll is a multiple-rejected applicant to HGSE, who spends hours lurking, obsessively reading up on and analyzing in painstaking detail each potential HGSE "competitor" (note how the lurking troll is able to cite or quote from posts we've made, sometimes quite old threads and posts), then expresses frustration from rejection, coupled with an innate sense of self-fabricated superiority based on narcissistic fantasy to cope with real-world social isolation. Not to mention creating multiple accounts....

Disregarding my indulgent pedantic psychobabble, the troll speaks for him/herself - in the field of education, would ANYONE want this person teaching in a classroom?? I think we needn't worry about that. Plus, any adcomm would (have already...) read the troll's posts and come to a clear decision as to whether they would want such a person in their program.

Not every board gets infected by such a person, but I've seen it on various boards of every type of special interest, and such posters vapidly follow the same routine - personal attacks, condescension, seemingly designed to rattle a person's nerves but ultimately derives from a person's inability to express their inadequacies and anger other than through the safe (well almost, IP logging and search is child's play) barrier of the internet.

I knew a person, same exact pattern of posts. In person and over the phone, he was incredibly kind. But he had deep seeds of bitterness from a physically abusive father and two failed marriages, and, unable to break through his real-life facade as the friendly, soft-spoken shop owner, unleashed his issues with abandon online every night. Personal emails were also along the same tough-guy lines. Was on a music board until he got banned, then took it over to ferrarichat.com, where he got himself banned yet again.

I would have thought the Grad Cafe would be an unlikely place to find this type of troll. Oh, and ballard011, don't forget to click the negative button on this post; you're not as anonymous to the moderation team as you might believe.

When you compare the applicants of past years to the applicants of this year, the desperation rings loud and clear in this group. It sickens me.

(Who knows, gradcafe.com '10 might just be the only cohort you'll be a member of?)

Angelicasassy. Of course you don't have a saved link. The school must have created a website just for you to see!

Whoever you are, angelicasassy, we all know too much about your insecurities. "Buzz off?" ARE YOU TRYING TO KICK ME OFF OF THE INTERNET? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You are an idiot. I already have a JD from a TOP law school. Also, when did I compare the applicants from last year? I compared the dates people were notified. I really hope you are not a teacher or in education or I can see why some schools are failing. I would remove my children from any class or school you were a part of.

Everyone is excited/nervous, isn't this a good place to share the pre-decision jitters?

Not to switch gears, but on the topic of the online application... does anyone know if you can access your Letters of Rec after your application has been submitted? I checked the little "i'd like to be able to view these" box (or whatever it said)and could until I submitted. Two of my recommendation writers submitted their LOR after I submitted my application, but I still would like to read them.

Have a feeling I can't, but thought I'd ask if anyone on here knew how.

Thanks!! Only a week or so to go :-)

If I understand correctly, you can access the recommendations directly upon request from the admissions office. This may or may not be dependent on whether you matriculate or not (i.e. not just accepted, but enroll, and after enrolled and registered). But different schools may do this differently.

I checked "I waive access". Nevertheless, two of my recommenders emailed me copies of their recommendation, which I found somewhat surprising, but maybe it's a Korean cultural thing. My one US-based recommender emailed me after submitting and said he felt "it was an honor" to recommend me to his alma mater. So I'm guessing he wrote something positive!

This is a great place, and as I wrote to the moderator team, a place where people can share all aspects of the application experience, from technical details to being a support group, especially as decision days approach, not to mention support and resources when one hadn't gotten their first choice, etc. I really feel bad about people like ballard011; not only do they shoot themselves in the foot (ESPECIALLY by posting things that end up reaching adcomms!!), but they make their lives unnecessarily difficult and are suffering a lot emotionally - the reason why they come online to taunt and torment others.

But while we can be sympathetic, we are also not particularly obligated to listen or help such a person. So ignore the person, and continue the thread!

If I understand correctly, you can access the recommendations directly upon request from the admissions office. This may or may not be dependent on whether you matriculate or not (i.e. not just accepted, but enroll, and after enrolled and registered). But different schools may do this differently.

I checked "I waive access". Nevertheless, two of my recommenders emailed me copies of their recommendation, which I found somewhat surprising, but maybe it's a Korean cultural thing. My one US-based recommender emailed me after submitting and said he felt "it was an honor" to recommend me to his alma mater. So I'm guessing he wrote something positive!

This is a great place, and as I wrote to the moderator team, a place where people can share all aspects of the application experience, from technical details to being a support group, especially as decision days approach, not to mention support and resources when one hadn't gotten their first choice, etc. I really feel bad about people like ballard011; not only do they shoot themselves in the foot (ESPECIALLY by posting things that end up reaching adcomms!!), but they make their lives unnecessarily difficult and are suffering a lot emotionally - the reason why they come online to taunt and torment others.

But while we can be sympathetic, we are also not particularly obligated to listen or help such a person. So ignore the person, and continue the thread!

We just got one more week to go.