Chicago SSA April 1st Deadline

I did, and I was accepted in February. My friend applied by the 1/15 deadline and she still hasn't heard back. The assistant director of admissions wants to get coffee with her in May. My friend thinks it means she's a low priority applicant. If you haven't gotten a decision by now, it probably means you're not a target candidate.

I applied on the last day of the January deadline and was accepted March 15. The website says it typically takes 8 weeks to review applicants. I also got a notice that I must accept/decline by April 15. Once the school gets all those decisions they will probably start sending out more admission letters. 

Stay positive!

19 hours ago, stheart said:

I did, and I was accepted in February. My friend applied by the 1/15 deadline and she still hasn't heard back. The assistant director of admissions wants to get coffee with her in May. My friend thinks it means she's a low priority applicant. If you haven't gotten a decision by now, it probably means you're not a target candidate.

You applied to earlier deadlines.  I applied late February, but was told my app wouldn’t be viewed until after the April 1 deadline because they don’t do rolling admission...this thread is for people that applied for the April 1 deadline (decisions will probably come out late in April? Maybe the 15th?) 

I feel optimistic about getting in, just am curious about timelines because I’ve been accepted to all the other schools already and have until May 1 to make a decision :). I went to the DU admitted students day today and was really impressed.  Headed to Saint Louis tomorrow.  Decisions will be difficult between schools I received adequate funding!

18 hours ago, cafelatte08 said:

I applied on the last day of the January deadline and was accepted March 15. The website says it typically takes 8 weeks to review applicants. I also got a notice that I must accept/decline by April 15. Once the school gets all those decisions they will probably start sending out more admission letters. 

Stay positive!

Yeah I hope they get back quicker after the April 1 deadline, but feel like I already have solid options.  I’d just be into Chicago if the timeline works out.  I’m hesitant to ask for extensions from schools that are offering significant scholarships.  Has anyone done this?

• 3 weeks later...

A link appeared in the application portal today that says "decision documents" and my heart jumped out of my chest, but when I click it there's nothing there.  I'm trying to to obsess over the possibility of it appearing any day now, haha.  I'm so ready to make a decision and move forward with getting ready to move and everything this summer!  Has anyone heard anything yet?

14 hours ago, cafelatte08 said:

Congratulations!  Are you going to accept? 

WUSTL offered me 55k, so I’m trying to get a bit more from Chicago.  I’m also doing a campus visit/class sit-in this week, so I’ll know for sure soon

On 4/28/2018 at 9:40 AM, CelestialJenkins said:

WUSTL offered me 55k, so I’m trying to get a bit more from Chicago.  I’m also doing a campus visit/class sit-in this week, so I’ll know for sure soon

Did they match? 

2 hours ago, cafelatte08 said:

Did they match? 

I filled out a form, but haven't heard back yet.  I visited Chicago SSA this last week and really liked it, but it's significantly more expensive that WUSTL so I'm hoping for more funding.  It is a bit late in the year, though, so hopefully there's $$ available still.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/4/2018 at 4:30 PM, CelestialJenkins said:

I filled out a form, but haven't heard back yet.  I visited Chicago SSA this last week and really liked it, but it's significantly more expensive that WUSTL so I'm hoping for more funding.  It is a bit late in the year, though, so hopefully there's $$ available still.

How did you address/conceptualize their question regarding why the current funding package will not support your enrollment? It seems like they are asking why living in debt is not tenable, but I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding their question on that form?

On 5/14/2018 at 10:01 AM, maybesocialworkmsw said:

How did you address/conceptualize their question regarding why the current funding package will not support your enrollment? It seems like they are asking why living in debt is not tenable, but I'm wondering if I'm misunderstanding their question on that form?

I don’t know, I was just honest about my needs, and pointed to WUSTL giving me way more, and SSA decided to give 3k additional per year.

I was hoping for more, but I think it really comes down to available funds at this late point, and I know this year was more competitive than most. They’re the program for me overall once I really thought about it, so I accepted their offer.