What is "nominated for admission" at UCSD?

ctmarine1

Hi all, I am really worried these days as it has been nearly a month (no later than March 12th) since I was notified by the department coordinator that I was nominated for admission to the M.S. program via email. I contacted the coordinator about what is that "nominated" means those days and she said I would receive an official letter of admission from the Graduate Division Office in a few and then I can go to the GradApply and choose whether to accept it or not. 

I thought I was safe but after waiting for about two weeks, I did not heard from anyone, and I cannot get in touch with the coordinator since then. I just called the application office this afternoon and was told since I applied for PhD program and they nominated me for admission to M.S. program, I should expect the official letter coming next week and the department will contact me if they found any problem. It does not make sense to me as they've already nominated me for admission, what problem could happen after that?

Although it is a M.S. program, I do like to join it as well, so if someone could tell is it common to wait such a long time or is there anything I can do right now? Thank you guys so much.

I was nominated for admission for the PhD program, and they told me it would take a week or two to get the official letter. It took a little longer than 2 weeks for me to get my official offer, but it did eventually show up on my GradApply. I would assume they're just back-logged right now.

13 minutes ago, XVIIA said:

I was nominated for admission for the PhD program, and they told me it would take a week or two to get the official letter. It took a little longer than 2 weeks for me to get my official offer, but it did eventually show up on my GradApply. I would assume they're just back-logged right now.

Thanks XVIIA, I just noticed the spring quarter started this week and they were on vacation last week. Hopefully there is nothing wrong with my application. Congratulation for admission!

Edited by ctmarine1