What is the latest you would accept and offer from a school?

ChemHopeful

Would you wait all the way up to april ("All decisions will be sent out by april") for a school to accept you, or would you decide on schools you had actually had a chance to visit by then?

would you wait until april 14?

i realize it's still pretty early in march, but the "most prestigious" of my schools has not sent any word back. theoretically one would visit the schools they did get into, explore their options thoroughly and make a decision... and then drop it all and jump on a waitlist offer from a school they havent spent any time investigating?

late acceptances almost seem like table scraps... you only get in because the better students turned the slot down. i definitely wouldnt turn my nose up at a late accept if it was far and away a better choice than anything else i had going, but when the decision is fairly close it feels very weird to work around an unknown like that

While I'd appreciate the gesture of an acceptance toward mid-April, I plan on making a decision around April 1 or so at the latest. I'd love the adventure of getting accepted to a stellar school at the last minute, changing all of my plans around, and moving there on a whim; but I'll be moving +1, and that kind of thing just isn't really feasible. Sounds like it might be cute for those who can do it, though!

I was on two wait lists and visited both. I knew they were long shots, but I didn't want to have to make a last-minute decision without having visited. And hey, I got into one of them!

Considering I have yet to year from the 7 other schools I applied to. I suppose until my first choice finally denies me admission, then I'll decide among the schools that have accepted me so far. They said late March to early April, so I guess the latest will be early April for me.