contacting programs

I emailed a program a week ago about getting a financial aid package without an acceptance offer, but I haven't heard back yet. I really want to go to this program since it is one of the schools I'm waitlisted at (I didn't get accepted anywhere). I just don't want to cross the line between eager/determined and annoying. Should I email them again or just take the silence as my answer for now?

I would honestly just leave it be. Chances are they give out a general financial aid package to everyone (I know Washington State did that for me waaaaay before I even interviewed or got accepted) that has really nothing to do with your position. Chances are they're waiting for the 15th to see who is accepting and who is declining!

I would maybe email them about your continued interest in their program in a week or so just to make sure it doesn't seem like you're overwhelming them :)

9 minutes ago, snoves said:

I would honestly just leave it be. Chances are they give out a general financial aid package to everyone (I know Washington State did that for me waaaaay before I even interviewed or got accepted) that has really nothing to do with your position. Chances are they're waiting for the 15th to see who is accepting and who is declining!

I would maybe email them about your continued interest in their program in a week or so just to make sure it doesn't seem like you're overwhelming them :)

I thought it was a general financial aid package but when I looked at it they were offering me grants and scholarships (that aren't need based) so it is kind of confusing. But I may reach out in a few weeks to remind them I'm still interested. This school does their acceptances in 4 waves so it'll be a long process with them