Word on the street is that Nebraska admits more Ph.D. students than it funds. (Which is a bit of a bummer, right?) Anyways, I curious to know if anyone has heard about funding yet. A poster on the result board mentioned that if you didn't receive an e-mail about funding along with your admittance, you won't be getting any. However, I haven't seen anyone mention TAships or fellowships along with their acceptance via the graduate school.

Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks … it's crunch time!

I'm finishing my MA at Nebraska as we speak, just so you know where I'm coming from...

Nebraska admits a LOT more PhDs than they fund. There's always the opportunity to reapply for funding in subsequent years, but initially they take in way more PhDs than they have the money for. I've heard rumors they admitted 20 creative writing PhDs this year and only funded two (rumors, mind you, but they're not much of a stretch).

I do know people have heard about funding already. There's some bad blood going around in the building, actually, because none of the MAs who came in funded got funded for PhD.

Hope that provides some answers...good luck!

I was admitted to the PhD there for fall, but up until this week, had not heard a word from the department. However, I got a letter on Friday saying that I have not been given funding, and that while sometimes admitted students ahead of me declining their funding would result in some sort of aid package, they can't make any promises. So, if you think are in the same boat as me, you might want to check the mailbox...

Word on the street is that Nebraska admits more Ph.D. students than it funds. (Which is a bit of a bummer, right?) Anyways, I curious to know if anyone has heard about funding yet. A poster on the result board mentioned that if you didn't receive an e-mail about funding along with your admittance, you won't be getting any. However, I haven't seen anyone mention TAships or fellowships along with their acceptance via the graduate school.

Good luck to everyone in the next few weeks … it's crunch time!

I got a letter accepting me into Nebraska's PhD but telling me "no funding, limited TA positions were already handed out". Then I got an email 1.5 weeks later telling me that I got a TA position with $15000/year--so if you're interested in the program, hold on.