I need to confirm my admission with a Uni by May 1st, but I'm still waiting for two Unis to get back to me. Should I email them asking for a decision

lazywhaler

Question

The deadline to confirm my admission is the 1st of May, but I'm still waiting for UCI and USC to release their decisions? Should I email them, asking for my application status, or request them to let me know before May 1st? If I tell them it's because I need to get back to another university, will they be more likely to reject me because I already have a seat? I'm losing my mind waiting and I would really like to get into either of these school? Any advice is helpful!

3 answers to this question

On 4/20/2018 at 11:55 PM, lazywhaler said:

will they be more likely to reject me because I already have a seat?

No, they will not. If they want you, they want you; universities want to compete for the best applicants and don't offer much pity for those who don't get any offers. You don't need to worry about it hurting your admission chances if you tell them that you have an alternative offer.

You should definitely email them explaining the May 1 response deadline, and ask when you can expect to hear back about their decision.