Any communications from chosen schools?

gallimimus

Is anybody else stressed out by a lack of information? I committed to a school and received confirmation as well as info to apply to campus housing, but I haven't really heard anything directly from my department specifically. Maybe I'm just anxious to get back to school and get started and I guess the fall semester is still a bit far away at this point but I guess I expected a little more communication. As of now I'm not even sure when orientation dates are or if I'm expected to register for classes over the summer or wait until I get to campus or anything. Is this normal?

I think it will definitely ramp up once this Spring semester is over at your individual programs.

My program at Harvard just sent out a very detailed email today, which was the first communication over the past month. They stipulated that we should be hearing from them on a bi-weekly basis from here on out, which is quite encouraging! If all else fails, reach out to your program contact(s) and inquire as to when you'll start to receive all of that other information that you mentioned.

Yeah that's probably normal. Departments are probably more concerned with getting this year's graduating cohort out, grading, and making the May grant deadlines than communicating with incoming students. I would start worrying if it's August and you still haven't heard anything. They'll tell you what you need to know when you need to know it. 

I've received a steady amount of communication from the department already, actually. However I made it clear to them when I met with faculty and the department head that I'm moving from out of state (7+ hour drive away) and need info ASAP so I can coordinate my move with orientation and the like. But given that it's the end of the semester and commencement season, I'd wait until June to get nervous about hearing something.

Can you contact your department directly and put out feelers/ask whatever questions you may have?