Tips on program visit

Hey! I personally would forgo showing the GRE scores, especially if your new ones got you an interview. Instead, I would rehearse common questions such as "why did you pick this school" "how would you contribute to the grad program" "any research/specialty interest" etc. Also take about any cool outside experience/research you've done that you'd like bring to their program. This is your time to make yourself look GREAT! If you have to, lightly mention how you've improved on either your GPA or GRE, but they already have the numbers from your application. Remember, numbers don't make a good SLP. You can have a 4.0 and be as dull as a doorknob. They want to get to know you and put a face behind the paper. Make that personality glimmer! Good luck!

Edited by SA13

I would prepare questions to ask them. It shows you are interested in their school and want to know as much as you can about it. I did a tour at 2 of my prospective schools and I honestly just made it a point to introduce myself and show my interest. Maybe think of why you would be good for their cohort so when you meet with the department chair you could say why you love the program so much and what makes you "fit that mold". My program head said they really just want to meet people face-to-face to make sure they can actually hold conversations with people. Its one thing to be impressive on paper, but it seems like they care more that you have the Type A personality that fits a speech-language pathologist. 

Good luck! Just be yourself!