SAIC Post-Bacc VS Cranbrook MFA

Can anyone give me some suggestions between SAIC Post-Bacc Painting and Cranbrook MFA Painting?

Cranbrook offered an MFA program but their painting program isn't very strong (Ranked 13 by US. NEWS), SAIC offered a Post-Bacc but they have a much stronger painting program, and I will need to apply again the end of this year for their MFA program or other MFA painting programs. 

I personally prefer the location of Chicago and I think I slightly prefer SAIC's style as Cranbrook is a totally "work on your own, critic by your classmates" system. I feel a curriculum offers more resources from various professors that are easier to reach then dig on your own.

If I choose SAIC Post-Bacc I will need to take all the risks that if I am not able to get into their MFA program or any other painting programs for FALL 2019.....but I really want to go to a very strong painting MFA program since the tuitions are so expensive anyway.....

Please give me some suggestions! Thanks!

Edited by KommsüsserTod

tbh post bacc is for people who need help getting into a mfa program or because people don't want mfa programs. i did the ssp at vcu to help prepare for an mfa but it was expensive to move to a whole new city for a short period of time (as well as the residency was expensive). canbrook is a great school, and if you're not happy with their program either do the post bacc to prepare for a more competitive program, do the post bacc and wait on the mfa, or accept neither and reply to programs next year.