Analytics vs. Social Statistics --- Which one will make a math-phobe want to gauge their eyes the most?

lorenzen

Forgive me for abusing this forum with my questions. This is the last, I hope! 

I am choosing between two different master's programs. One requires "Analytics for Social and Behavioral Sciences", and the other requires "Social Statistics." Now, I passed general math in undergrad by doing it online and spending afternoons with tutors. I would have failed otherwise. Now I have this obstacle to enter into the field of Sociology. 

Which of those two classes may require less actual math? My impression is that Analytics is more about methods of using statistics, while social statistics are more about learning the actual math. How foolish is this notion of mine?

Thank you in advance,

Lorenzen

It is difficult to say which will require less math from the course titles alone. Are there descriptions of the course that you can access through the university calendar or course descriptions that provide more detail?