I need help with Thank-You Letters please

jlee306

I am trying to write thank you letters to my interviewers and I am stuck. Three people interviewed me separately and I wanted to give them each of them their own thank you letter. But I am a little stuck on what to say. I was also accepted there and want to know if I should say something about that in their thank you letters (they know I was accepted because they were the ones who made the decisions) or if I should write another separate thank you letter specifically for thanking them for accepting me? And if so, who do I give that to? What should I say? I am usually good with thank you letters, but I have never had to thank someone for these reasons. Thank you to those who respond.

Just write a short simple note that thanks them for taking the time out of their day to meet with you and how you enjoyed discussing their research (if they did). Since you are accepted you can write a blurb about how you look forward to joining the institution and interacting with them in the future.

What about if I visited campus and spoke with several faculty members/ grad students (8 or 9 people)? Should I send each person their own thank you? Or maybe mention each of them in a single thank you card?