Deleted Because Useless Posted May 25, 2018 Posted May 25, 2018 Hello everyone, I was looking around and didn't find any satisfactory answers regarding how GPAs are weighted. Not even the google search was helpful. So my question is, how do American PhD admissions value GPAs? For example, my school currently has a 4.3 scale, and I'm wondering the American universities understand that number. Do they simply run it through a calculator and convert it down to 4.0? If that's the case, the number does not really match with the percentage equivalent. To illustrate: I have a total gpa of 3.94 / 4.3 , and a 96.9 Percentage Equivalent (CPGA), or so says my report card. Now, if I convert the 3.94 / 4.3 to a 4.0 scale, it comes out as 3.71 / 4.0. If I convert the 96.9 Percentage to a 4.0 scale, it comes out as around 3.84 / 4.0. So which of the two scores would the admissions take? Thanks.
Shakibul Posted April 11 Posted April 11 You usually should report the GPA exactly as your transcript shows it, and only convert it if a specific university asks for a 4.0 scale.
Shakibul Posted April 11 Posted April 11 (edited) 2 hours ago, Shakibul said: You usually should report the GPA exactly as your transcript shows it, and only convert it if a specific university asks for a 4.0 scale. I also made a simple calculator for students who need quick CGPA to percentage conversions and percentage calculations. Sharing it here in case it helps anyone: Cgpa to Percentage Calculators Edited April 11 by Shakibul Just wanted to share
Shakibul Posted April 23 Posted April 23 I also made a simple calculator for students who need quick CGPA to percentage conversions and percentage calculations. Sharing it here in case it helps anyone: Cgpa to Percentage Calculators
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now