JHU Institute for Policy Studies

leftmost

Hi folks,

I recieved an acceptance from the Johns Hopkins Institute for Policy Studies. I haven't heard this being mentioned much on the forums. Does anyone have any idea about the program. I am also an international student and plan to come back to Asia once I'm done with my studies. I'd like to hear from others what they think of the school.

thanks in advance.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi folks,

I recieved an acceptance from the Johns Hopkins Institute for Policy Studies. I haven't heard this being mentioned much on the forums. Does anyone have any idea about the program. I am also an international student and plan to come back to Asia once I'm done with my studies. I'd like to hear from others what they think of the school.

thanks in advance.

Hi, I too was curious to know why there is not much talk about the JHU Institute of Public Policy. I too have been accepted for the program. For all you know, we might end up being classmates:) Please do let me know if you get any further information about the program's reputation. Thanks and all the best!

Hi, I too was curious to know why there is not much talk about the JHU Institute of Public Policy. I too have been accepted for the program. For all you know, we might end up being classmates:) Please do let me know if you get any further information about the program's reputation. Thanks and all the best!

I have also been accepted to the MPP program at JHU. I am very interested in knowing more about the program's reputation as well, especially as it relates to health policy. JHU's Bloomberg School of Public Health is the best in the country, and the opportunity to take classes for a policy degree with a concentration in health policy sounds like it would be outstanding.

I have also been accepted to the MPP program at JHU. I am very interested in knowing more about the program's reputation as well, especially as it relates to health policy. JHU's Bloomberg School of Public Health is the best in the country, and the opportunity to take classes for a policy degree with a concentration in health policy sounds like it would be outstanding.

Hi, congratulations on your acceptance. I know that JHU's Health Policy Management is one of the best (it was ranked #2 in 2008 U.S.News). I am not yet certain about my specialization, but in all likelihood it will be International Development.

However, the cost entailed for the entire program, even with the small tuition award I have been offered, is immense, and that is what is making me think twice about the school. Had I got a better funding package, I would not have thought as much....after all it is JOHNS HOPKINS!:)

Congrats everyone :). If you type into the search bar "JHU IPS" (I think it's something like that) then there is a VERY informative thread about the JHU IPS program. It made me very excited but I already know I can't come on the visit day :( so I am hoping to set up a personal visit the next day. Let me know if you guys go to the open house/what you think about the program!

Hi, congratulations on your acceptance. I know that JHU's Health Policy Management is one of the best (it was ranked #2 in 2008 U.S.News). I am not yet certain about my specialization, but in all likelihood it will be International Development.

However, the cost entailed for the entire program, even with the small tuition award I have been offered, is immense, and that is what is making me think twice about the school. Had I got a better funding package, I would not have thought as much....after all it is JOHNS HOPKINS!:)

My line of thinking is similar to 'Green Tea'. I am comparing it to the Cornell CIPA program which is turning out to be somewhat cheaper. I check the forum chains on JHU IPS for last year... It does sound very enticing!

Did anyone attend the open house on March 25th? Unfortuantely, I was unable to attend, but I scheduled another visit for later this week. I'm very interested in knowing how the open house went and if there is anything of note I should look out for/ask about during my visit. Thanks!

• 4 weeks later...

Did anyone attend the open house on March 25th? Unfortuantely, I was unable to attend, but I scheduled another visit for later this week. I'm very interested in knowing how the open house went and if there is anything of note I should look out for/ask about during my visit. Thanks!

I attended and it went really well. I was on the fence and it helped me decide to accept their offer.

Congrats DCApplicant... glad you have made your decision. i'm still undecided between CIPA and JHU IPS, i'm leaning more toward CIPA because it has the cornell brand name and its a more flexible program... but i've heard the research opportunities at JHU are better and easier to procur while they are almost non existant for masters students at CIPA... i really need to make the call soon.

Congrats DCApplicant... glad you have made your decision. i'm still undecided between CIPA and JHU IPS, i'm leaning more toward CIPA because it has the cornell brand name and its a more flexible program... but i've heard the research opportunities at JHU are better and easier to procur while they are almost non existant for masters students at CIPA... i really need to make the call soon.

Yeah ... career-wise, I'd go with JHU. And it's still a terrific brand.