What should I wear for visitation day?

I assume you've already been accepted, so I wouldn't worry about it. Black jeans and a buttoned shirt should be fine. Personally, I wouldn't be caught dead in khakis or a polo shirt anywhere but on a golf field (and I don't golf).

Anyway, I second hubris' suggestion: dress comfortably.

Edited by grendel

You guys are making me worry; I don't think I own anything other than jeans and t-shirts. I might be able to find something with a collar, but that's a long shot. Can I substitute nerdy t-shirts for dressing nice?

So, anyone going to UIUC this weekend, don't worry about being underdressed. smile.gif

Edited by Slarti

Are you going to dress for the job you have (grad student) or the one you want (professor)?

It's an interview. Not an entirely formal one, but an interview nonetheless. On my visits so far (5), I can only recall a few professors wearing sneakers. That is perfectly fine when you're doing the day-to-day thing, but interviews are not normal days! Do yourself a favor and don't wear jeans and a t-shirt.

Are you going to dress for the job you have (grad student) or the one you want (professor)?

It's an interview. Not an entirely formal one, but an interview nonetheless. On my visits so far (5), I can only recall a few professors wearing sneakers. That is perfectly fine when you're doing the day-to-day thing, but interviews are not normal days! Do yourself a favor and don't wear jeans and a t-shirt.

It's not an interview if you've already been accepted :rolleyes: .

Jeans, sneakers, and a polo (or probably even just a t-shirt) should be fine.

Can I ask: Is your username serious or is it supposed to be ridiculous?

It's a joke. I had written it down in my comedy journal and couldn't stop laughing. And that picture of W. looks like he's taking a huge rip, so it sort of works. I'm a huge fan of the absurd... and this message board is full of it.

I try not to take things too seriously!

Edited by BongRips69