For those who are awarded a multi-year fellowship, what are your GRE scores?

a fragrant plant

48 members have voted

1. 1. Fellowship receivers: what is your GRE score (Verbal)?

2. 2. Fellowship receivers: what is your GRE score (Quant)?

For those who are awarded multi-years fellowship, what are your GRE scores? If your GRE score is not particularly strong or you don't think it's the GRE score that won you a multi-year fellowship, what are the determining factors in your opinion?

Edited by peanuttheanthro

For those who are awarded multi-years fellowship, what are your GRE scores? If your GRE score is not particularly strong or you don't think it's the GRE score that won you a multi-year fellowship, what are the determining factors in your opinion?

I think you should post this as a survey with score ranges; you will probably get more responses that way (because of the anonymity). Interesting question!

I got a fellowship but not exactly a multi-year one. Mine is more like a chunk of funding that I can use towards traveling expenses for conferences. I suspect I didn't get a multi-year one due to my low-ish verbal. But I'm still happy!:D

• 3 weeks later...

I know I did not receive my fellowship (the highest my school offers) because of my GRE scores haha. I had a combined of 1280, but I think it was everything else that got it for me. Tons of research, publications, great fit, good LORs, a decent SoP. Anything is possible! smile.gif

• 5 weeks later...

I got a three-year full-tuition + decent-to-big stipend fellowship with GRE 800Q/720V/5.5AW. I got several fellowship offers from other schools, but I also got rejected from several schools. I think it really depends on the place!

• 2 weeks later...

5 yr stipend and tuition remission + additional diversity fellowship with a 1200, low quant. almost all of that was verbal. LOL not an impressive GPA either so I think it was a combination of gre and research experience.