Can someone please check this email sent from the Prof for me?

linlin

I got this email from the host faculty after the on-site interview weekend at Purdue.

Does the Prof mean that I got the ticket? or he is nor sure about it?

I am an international under at UCLA, and I am afraid I misunderstood the Prof's wording.

Can someone please kind of clarify it for me? Thank you sooooo much =) Hope we all get what we want!

Hi Lina,

I'm happy to hear that you had a nice visit -- it was certainly a pleasure to meet with you. Good luck with the rest of your visits and I'll look forward to seeing you again if, in the end, you choose Purdue. As for the admissions decisions, I'm not sure what the timeline is for final decisions, but I imagine that you will hear from someone soon.

Best Wishes,

xxx

I got this email from the host faculty after the on-site interview weekend at Purdue.

Does the Prof mean that I got the ticket? or he is nor sure about it?

I am an international under at UCLA, and I am afraid I misunderstood the Prof's wording.

Can someone please kind of clarify it for me? Thank you sooooo much =) Hope we all get what we want!

Hi Lina,

I'm happy to hear that you had a nice visit -- it was certainly a pleasure to meet with you. Good luck with the rest of your visits and I'll look forward to seeing you again if, in the end, you choose Purdue. As for the admissions decisions, I'm not sure what the timeline is for final decisions, but I imagine that you will hear from someone soon.

Best Wishes,

xxx

"I'll look forward to seeing you again if, in the end, you choose Purdue"

Well, maybe I am too optimistic but does not this mean that you will get admission to Purdue?

In fact, my potential prof has written "I hope you come to XXX University and we can work together" and I am kind of sure about admission. Am I too optimistic?

"I'll look forward to seeing you again if, in the end, you choose Purdue"

Well, maybe I am too optimistic but does not this mean that you will get admission to Purdue?

In fact, my potential prof has written "I hope you come to XXX University and we can work together" and I am kind of sure about admission. Am I too optimistic?

I agree with you that the first part sounds like she has been admitted, but then he follows it up less ambiguously with the statement that he doesn't know when admissions decisions will be made. So it sounds like the first part is just being very polite - opting to say, "See you again if you choose us" as opposed to "See you again if we first choose you and THEN you choose us" ... even though it seems to be the latter.

Good luck to the OP!

Edited by meowmeow

idk anything about getting accepted (seeing as how I'm yet to receive an offer lol) but I would say it seems you are on the short list (7 out of 10 kinda thing). the prof doesn't want to tell you outright because things might change (u might be no. 8) or they have not yet finished reviewing applications. however he implies that the outcome would be favorable and that left to him/her you should expect an offer. so while you know your chances are wayy higher...nothing is definite yet.

bottom line...you are still 'waiting it out'

good luck

The people interviewing you are assuming you are going to get into their school [though there is no guarantee that this is the case]. They are making this statement because the interview weekends are both for the school to determine if you are right for them AND if they are right for you. There are a number of people that are going to have a good number of acceptances and the profs are assuming you will be one of them, so they are pushing for you to come to their school.

In no way, shape, or form do these "unofficial" e-mails infer that you've been accepted into their program. They are thank-you notes, nothing more, nothing less.

The people interviewing you are assuming you are going to get into their school [though there is no guarantee that this is the case]. They are making this statement because the interview weekends are both for the school to determine if you are right for them AND if they are right for you. There are a number of people that are going to have a good number of acceptances and the profs are assuming you will be one of them, so they are pushing for you to come to their school.

In no way, shape, or form do these "unofficial" e-mails infer that you've been accepted into their program. They are thank-you notes, nothing more, nothing less.

totally makes sense...now i think on it