Hertie School 2019

julieFYI

Hello guys, 

I hope waiting for admissions/financial aid is not killing you!

I was wondering if anyone knows any news about the date the next decisions regarding financial aid/scholarships will be available? OR  anyone has gotten their scholarships results?

Cheers!

As far as I know its a loan that you pay back through a certain percentage of your income (like 10 percent) as soon as your income goes above a certain threshold (like 30.000) and stops if you go below it. You have to pay for either twelve years you are actually above this threshold or 20 years overall (whatever comes first). Important to note is that the payment does not stop (as far as I know) when you paid back the money you got but only after the mentioned time periods. So if you are going to earn 100.000 later you will pay quite a bit :D  The concept is called "Umgekehrter Generationenvertrag" btw.

Edited by Aleks1993

Hi guys, 

I´ve got accepted into the MPP program with 25% tuition waiver.

Does any of you have information about scholarships or loans? Also, about the DAAD program is it possible to apply when you are already admitted and get funding for the second year? 

Thank you! 

I also received a 25% tuition waiver for the MPP at Hertie.

On the other hand, I was accepted to the Atlantis Program with Maxwell with a 35% scholarship and a 3K grant for living expenses. This is a game changer given that Maxwell is a top ranked school in the US. So having the opportunity to earn a degree from both Hertie and Maxwell seems worth going into debt I guess...

Has anyone else been accepted to the Atlantis Program? What are your thoughts on said program? Are loans worth it?

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone. I'll be joining the incoming MPP class at Hertie. Would love to connect with other incoming students. If there's anyone from India, please hit me up to discuss visa/accommodation issues

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/3/2019 at 5:09 PM, Mit09 said:

Hi everyone. I'll be joining the incoming MPP class at Hertie. Would love to connect with other incoming students. If there's anyone from India, please hit me up to discuss visa/accommodation issues

Congrats Mit09! I'm from India as well, and just received an MPP admission offer from Hertie. Will DM you to discuss logistics.