Elliott MIPP vs. SAIS MIPP

Good Evening Forum Folks - I am applying for both the GW Elliott MIPP and JHU SAIS MIPP programs (Mid Career) for either Spring 2019 or Fall 2019.  Has anyone on this forum applied to both programs and/or attended one of the programs.  Which one would your consider over the other?  I would really like to do the SAIS program but it does not offer part-time study like the GW Elliott program does.  I am looking at doing a combination of Cyber Security and U.S. Foreign Policy.

About me: MPA, Syracuse; About 14 years of work experience (5 years of politics, 9 years of IR / defense / national security) 

It is mentioned on the SAIS website and a flier/brochure that was provided to me.  In addition, one of the individuals from the Executive Education Recruitment / Outreach Office told me I had to finish my MIPP in 2 semesters (no exceptions).  Do you have POC who I can reach out to in the Admin Office?  Feel free to private message me.  Thanks.

10 hours ago, bness2002 said:

Do you have POC who I can reach out to in the Admin Office?  Feel free to private message me.  Thanks.

...Why they gotta be black?

Also, I don't represent SAIS in any capacity. You're just as effective googling "SAIS admissions contacts" and writing or emailing the people that come up.

3 hours ago, ExponentialDecay said:

...Why they gotta be black?

Also, I don't represent SAIS in any capacity. You're just as effective googling "SAIS admissions contacts" and writing or emailing the people that come up.

POC does NOT mean just black, rather people of color - again, not just black people. Also, requesting to speak to a POC from a school allows for real conversations around diversity to be had. Higher education is one of the most racially discriminated institutions in the US, which leads to a lot of issues for students that are POC. Issues non-POC counterparts tend to not notice/mention because it's not part of their lived experience.   

3 hours ago, tristatequeen said:

POC does NOT mean just black, rather people of color - again, not just black people. Also, requesting to speak to a POC from a school allows for real conversations around diversity to be had. Higher education is one of the most racially discriminated institutions in the US, which leads to a lot of issues for students that are POC. Issues non-POC counterparts tend to not notice/mention because it's not part of their lived experience.   

Could OP have meant Point of Contact when they said POC? Seems likely. 

4 hours ago, tristatequeen said:

Thanks for the lecture, but 

1. I'm referencing RuPaul. I know POC doesn't just mean black.

2. What does race have to do with whether or not OP can attend SAIS part time?

I'm sure I just misunderstood, but jfc you trolls need to gtfo with this holier than thou bullshit