senior year first semester gpa

Say if I am applying for graduate school this year for fall 2019, will schools want to look at my gpa in fall 2018 or do they only consider the first 3 years grade?

Edited by AliceWang

1 hour ago, AliceWang said:

Say if I am applying for graduate school this year for fall 2019, will schools want to look at my gpa in fall 2018 or do they only consider the first 3 years grade?

Depends on when you apply and what transcript you use (what semesters are on that transcript). Typically applications are due on 12/1, so your fall grades will probably not be posted by that point (I assume?) but they will see what classes you are enrolled in. All graduate school offers are conditional on completing the degree and they are assuming you continue to be a strong student in your final year. It is rare, but I have heard of admissions offers being revoked for poor grades, or for obviously not finishing the bachelor's degree in time.

16 hours ago, Sandmaster said:

Depends on when you apply and what transcript you use (what semesters are on that transcript). Typically applications are due on 12/1, so your fall grades will probably not be posted by that point (I assume?) but they will see what classes you are enrolled in. All graduate school offers are conditional on completing the degree and they are assuming you continue to be a strong student in your final year. It is rare, but I have heard of admissions offers being revoked for poor grades, or for obviously not finishing the bachelor's degree in time.

most schools I looked at have January deadlines! Some are in February. Haven't seen any in December though. I guess this is a part of the reason why I'm confused. In my case submitting fall 2018 grade will definitely help my overall gpa.

5 hours ago, AliceWang said:

most schools I looked at have January deadlines! Some are in February. Haven't seen any in December though. I guess this is a part of the reason why I'm confused. In my case submitting fall 2018 grade will definitely help my overall gpa.

Then I would assume you will apply with unofficial transcripts that include fall grades and spring classes.

if any schools you're looking at use the CSDCAS application, then even if the deadline is due in December you can add your fall grades to your transcript once they become available. If you're willing to submit close to the deadline, it might be worth waiting for your fall grades to be sent--however, that might be too risky if they must be sent by mail. Even if you need to submit before the fall grades are posted, check and see if you can send an updated transcript that can be seen before they start reviewing applications.

All of my schools asked for unofficial transcripts (except for the 2 that used CSDCAS) and they all asked or expected fall grades to be included. What I did was I started all of my applications months before the deadline and submitted them closer to the deadline once my unofficial transcript had my fall grades. 

On 7/17/2018 at 1:28 PM, Felice said:

All of my schools asked for unofficial transcripts (except for the 2 that used CSDCAS) and they all asked or expected fall grades to be included. What I did was I started all of my applications months before the deadline and submitted them closer to the deadline once my unofficial transcript had my fall grades. 

I second this. All of my schools accepted "unofficial transcripts" in order to make their decisions. I had all late January, early February deadlines though. I had final grades by the 2nd week of December. I was told that technically all transcripts sent are "unofficial" because you haven't completed your degree yet. You will have to send your final conferred transcript to the school you choose. But every single one of my classes looked at "Fall Senior Year" classes. Then they asked me what I was projected to take in the Spring to be sure I met all of their requirements. 

• 3 weeks later...