PhD Programs with Visual Rhetoric Faculty

Hi all!

I'm currently in an MA in English program with a concentration in Cultural Studies. I'll be graduating in Spring 2019, so I'm preparing to apply for Fall 2019 PhD programs now. My research interests include gender, women, and sexuality studies and 21st Century comics, animation, and visual rhetoric. For my PhD, I'm hoping to examine gender performance in animation. 

At the moment, I'm interested in the University of Florida, the University of Texas at Austin, Ohio State, Michigan State, and UC Davis. Can anyone speak to these programs and/or recommend additional programs with faculty in my area(s)? As it is, I'm coming across plenty of GWSS and visual rhetoric faculty, but they aren't typically looking at the same time period I am. Would this be an issue?

Thank you!

Edited by mouthfulofstars

Some programs that come to mind:
Michigan Tech's Visual Theory Culture Program

Clemson's Rhetorics, Communication and Information Design Program

Texas Tech's Technical Communication and Rhetoric Program

North Carolina State's Communication, Rhetoric, and Digital Media Program

Florida State's Rhetoric and Composition Program

I wouldn't worry about finding programs in the same exact time period as you are as long as you can find other faculty members working in the same time period. The goal of most professors isn't to create an replica of themselves and their research.