Aspiring to become a 'Non-Traditional Student'

Achievable

I am a 22 year old who had no choice but to drop out of high school, after spending 3 consecutive years attempting to complete the 11th grade, and missing much of my elementary schooling due to my father's criminal operation (which he is now in federal prison for). I tried numerous avenues...Hospital home-bound (teleschool) due to my mental health conditions, special schools for troubled youth, etc. My passions are to understand the limitations of human knowledge & to become a leading contributor to the production of a book which proves the existence of God, in a format which can be understood by the masses. I want to emphasize, this is not a claim...It is simply my greatest intent & desire.

As of very recently, I am now in a different position than I could have ever imagined. I have secured 'independent wealth', through founding LED CULTIVATION, INC. I have learned that I've been misdiagnosed since 17 years of age, and taken 10s of thousands of pills for a biological condition I never had (primarily Lithium and Olanzapine). I've spent years locked down in mental wards and various other institutions, even before turning 18. After 4 months of working with doctoral students at NSU's 'Trauma Resolution Integration Program', I have been removed from all medications, aside from Lunesta (for 'Psychophysiological Insomnia' - due to reacting to the withdrawal from my medications) & Xanax (to treat my difficulty in breathing, produced by anxiety). 

I'm well aware the extent of my lack in formal education. However, now that I have achieved true time freedom, and established connections which I believe can help me in the pursuit of my dreams, I am simply coming to you all with a request for information on how to proceed from here. 

I have my GED. Is my best course of action attending the local state college to establish some credentials, and then transfer to a more appropriate institution? Is it possible, in my situation, to maybe 'test into', or 'prove my worth to', a more prestigious university? I have things which prove I have what it takes to accomplish my dreams, such as proof of having secured a revolutionary US patent for the only unique configuration of diodes incorporating both Strip LED tech & COB LED tech in the world, which has been described as, "fundamentally flawless in design" - by many respected professionals. 

I just want to learn. I don't have to suffer anymore. I've worked tirelessly to secure the future my friends, family, and self now have. I really don't know exactly what I want, or should do. How could I, though? I know I'm wildly unqualified to understand what this world really has to offer. I suppose I am currently interested in pursuing a double-doctorate in mathematics:epistemology. 

Honestly, I'm just a troubled kid with an intense past, and I just want to help the world in the most impactful way I can. I am so very young. I feel like I'm genuinely in a position where I can help better this world, and I think I'm posting here as a means to figure out what a person in my situation should do...I feel as if I have a moral obligation to the world.

Even though my current, tentative dreams are as listed above in the first paragraph...My ultimate desire is to use the blessings bestowed upon me to create as much contentment and happiness as my team and I possibly can.

Please help a young, unsure kid, figure out what steps he needs to take to ensure the world is a better place by the time he's finished his time here. All I know, is there is much more to know than I'm currently capable of fathoming. 

With Love,

Austin Rouse

Hi,

You seem to be a person of great potential who is facing some personal issues. I don't believe anyone here on this forum will be able to offer you the kind of assistance you're seeking - simply because they don't know the full dimension of the issues you're facing and, therefore, will be wary of poking their noses into your life. Any reasonable person will choose to refrain from suggesting a course of action to someone whom everything they know about can be summed up in two posts on a forum dedicated to the discussion of academic matters among potential and current graduate students. Only those close to you and professionals trained to provide counseling can do that. So I'm not writing this as some advice on how to sort out the things that are troubling you. I do believe, however, that you should seek professional guidance from someone specialized in mental health. In my opinion, you should not rely on forums like this one - or any forum or social media for that matter - in your search for help. I assure you that there are individuals out there who are willing and would be happy to converse with you face-to-face and thoroughly understand what is putting such strain on you before talking you through possible solutions to it. 

All the best.

Edited by spacertramp23

6 hours ago, spacertramp23 said:

Hi,

You seem to be a person of great potential who is facing some personal issues. I don't believe anyone here on this forum will be able to offer you the kind of assistance you're seeking - simply because they don't know the full dimension of the issues you're facing and, therefore, will be wary of poking their noses into your life. Any reasonable person will choose to refrain from suggesting a course of action to someone whom everything they know about can be summed up in two posts on a forum dedicated to the discussion of academic matters among potential and current graduate students. Only those close to you and professionals trained to provide counseling can do that. So I'm not writing this as some advice on how to sort out the things that are troubling you. I do believe, however, that you should seek professional guidance from someone specialized in mental health. In my opinion, you should not rely on forums like this one - or any forum or social media for that matter - in your search for help. I assure you that there are individuals out there who are willing and would be happy to converse with you face-to-face and thoroughly understand what is putting such strain on you before talking you through possible solutions to it. 

All the best.

Thank-you so very much...That is quite the compliment, which is admittedly hard to accept.

I don't believe that to be true. I think there are people here, who might know how to help me. I've created no risk sharing the details of my situation, in this post, publicly. 

I will continue to work on finding the right people...I hope my achievements will enable me to secure meetings with people like you're speaking of.