How strong is my application? EE MS

Yumezawa

Hi everybody!

I am planning on pursuing MS degree in EE with the concentration on RFIC. My chance of getting into UIUC EEMS is high because of some department policy. But I want to try different university for graduate study (due to personal issues). I performed pretty bad in GRE writing but I heard for engineering field, the writing is not that important so I will still use the current GRE score in my application. Lack of publication and research experience are also my weaknesses.  

Major: EE from UIUC
GPA in Major: 3.85 / 4
Overall GPA:   3.93 / 4
Type of Student: International male, Asian

GRE Scores: 331+3
Q: 169 (96%)
V: 162 (91%)
W: 3 (17%)

TOEFL Total: 108

LOR:

Three from EE professors (all specialized in my field of interest). Pretty sure will get one strong letter from the prof I am currently doing research with.  

Research Experience:

7 months and ongoing Undergrad RA in UIUC. My jobs involved redesign the RF circuit for isolator and circulator, analyze the experiment data and fabricate the circuit board. No publications so far but most likely will get one this fall (2nd author out of 4). 

Did a summer project about microstrip antenna directly with professor. It was not a strong research project and only involved some basic antenna elements design and elaborated simulation. 

Awards/Honors/Recognitions:

earned highly competitive merit-based scholarships once and dean's list every semester

Pertinent Activities or Jobs:

grader for three semesters in a DSP course. I was responsible for grading homework.

Applying to Where

Stanford University - Electrical Engineering MS (IC)

Princeton University- EE PhD (IC)

UC-Berkeley - EE PhD (IC)

Thank you in advance for your time and assistance! I am open to all opinions. I can graduate one semester earlier than scheduled if I choose to stay in UIUC (spring admission) and I am happy with it. But I dreamed about studying at Stanford since my very young age. I would like to hear some suggestions.

• 2 months later...