Transferring Creative Writing MFA Programs

Brucewayne1326

Question

Looking to get some advice from the folks here. I've just started at a 3 year MFA program and I'm not a fan of the location. This is definitely my fault, as I should have visited but it was by far the best offer I received and I felt the need to leave my home of 17 years. I feel I will most likely settle into the program itself but my feelings for the city won't change, and thus, I need to prepare to leave after a year. The primary issue, however, is how I would transfer back home. Only 1 out of the 5 programs I'm considering back home (NYC) is a 3 year program. The rest are 2 years. I personally don't have any qualms starting a program from scratch, but I'm not sure how to approach the application process for the 2 year programs once I have a year under my belt. I wouldn't receive credit for my courses but I'm okay with the value of a year of school/writing regardless. If you guys have any thoughts on how to handle the situation, it'd be much appreciated.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet