Career paths for those with a terminal MA in Asian Studies?

Earlier this year, I was accepted with a partial merit scholarship to such a program at Columbia for fall 2019; while I was initially overjoyed, I'm starting to get cold feet due to the price-tag and opportunity cost (i.e. not earning full time for two years).  What have those with terminal MAs in Asian Studies gone on to do after they complete their programs?  I have a law background and am particularly interested in human rights; I also speak, read and write Hindi.  I'm interested in public sector-NGOs, gov't and academia.  

At least in engineering, Columbia is notorious for being an MS diploma mill. Great PhD program, but their MS program is meant to run as a cash cow. I would check to make sure your terminal MA isn't run the same way. % of MA students with assistantships and % of MA students doing a thesis are good barometers for whether the departments view you as more than $$$ signs.

On 8/26/2018 at 10:47 AM, Entangled Phantoms said:

At least in engineering, Columbia is notorious for being an MS diploma mill. Great PhD program, but their MS program is meant to run as a cash cow. I would check to make sure your terminal MA isn't run the same way. % of MA students with assistantships and % of MA students doing a thesis are good barometers for whether the departments view you as more than $$$ signs.

All MA students in my program must do a thesis.  It is a graduation requirement.  I don't know about assistantships, but I will look into it.