Keeping up with readings

Hey everyone,

I am a first year clinical psychology doctoral student, and I'm wondering if anyone has any tips or suggestions on how to digest and remember the content of the course readings you have? I currently have all the pdfs stored on my tablet where I highlight and annotate things I think are important from the journal articles and book chapters we have to read. I think the journal articles will be easier to remember because they have a central idea, but I guess I'm stumped with picking out relevant and irrelevant information from the (very long) book chapters. Any advice is appreciated, thanks!

Edited by dr. bubbles

The book chapters should also have a central idea. They may have 2 or 3 depending on the length. Think about the reason your professor picked those book chapters. What's the course's focus? What's the title of the book/ chapter? Every piece of writing should have some sort of central purpose. Think of these questions as you read to get a better idea of what that could be and highlight/annotate the same as you do articles.