Jump to content
Jerusalem

CSULB MSW fall 2019

Recommended Posts

Hey, I wanted to start a thread to share stats and acceptance/rejection timelines. 

I am currently applying to CSULB, CSULA, and CSUDH. Cal state long beach is my top choice. I am ready to turn in my application as soon as I get my ID. 

My overall GPA is 3.1 and my last 60 unit GPA is 3.5. 

I only have one Social work related work experience but I have worked there for 3 years. I have also worked as a research and teaching assistant for 2 years. Hopefully, that will help. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, Jerusalem said:

Hey, I wanted to start a thread to share stats and acceptance/rejection timelines. 

I am currently applying to CSULB, CSULA, and CSUDH. Cal state long beach is my top choice. I am ready to turn in my application as soon as I get my ID. 

My overall GPA is 3.1 and my last 60 unit GPA is 3.5. 

I only have one Social work related work experience but I have worked there for 3 years. I have also worked as a research and teaching assistant for 2 years. Hopefully, that will help. 

Good luck!!  

Hi! I am applying to CSULB and CSUF, but CSULB is my first choice.

I have a 3.1 GPA for undergrad, and a 3.9 GPA for my first MS (in Psychology from CSULA).

I have almost 5 years experience working in the non-profit field, and want to get my MSW so I can get licensed (I can't get a licence with my first MS) and move up in the non-profit world. 

I am hopefully going to finish my personal statements this weekend and turn in my applications by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed for us all :-)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, jlryan1988 said:

 

Good luck!!  

Hi! I am applying to CSULB and CSUF, but CSULB is my first choice.

I have a 3.1 GPA for undergrad, and a 3.9 GPA for my first MS (in Psychology from CSULA).

I have almost 5 years experience working in the non-profit field, and want to get my MSW so I can get licensed (I can't get a licence with my first MS) and move up in the non-profit world. 

I am hopefully going to finish my personal statements this weekend and turn in my applications by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed for us all 🙂

Hey:) Good Luck to you too! 

You have a really good GPA. And I thought you can get licensed with MS in psychology. I am currently doing my undergrad in psychology.  Have you gotten your ID from CSULB? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, Jerusalem said:

Hey:) Good Luck to you too! 

You have a really good GPA. And I thought you can get licensed with MS in psychology. I am currently doing my undergrad in psychology.  Have you gotten your ID from CSULB? 

Thanks!  My first MS was on track to a PhD, and I didn't take all of the required classes to register with the licensing board.  So, I have to start over, but that's okay.  

I haven't gotten my ID yet, I submitted the application on CalApply on Saturday, so I expect I will get my ID soon enough.  

Where are you currently at for your undergrad?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, jlryan1988 said:

Thanks!  My first MS was on track to a PhD, and I didn't take all of the required classes to register with the licensing board.  So, I have to start over, but that's okay.  

I haven't gotten my ID yet, I submitted the application on CalApply on Saturday, so I expect I will get my ID soon enough.  

Where are you currently at for your undergrad?

Oh that sucks! I am currently at CSUSM. 

I applied to CalApply on October 3rd and still nothing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey everyone! 

I am applying for MSW program at CSULB, CSUF, and CSULA, with Long Beach being the number one choice.

I am finishing my MA in psychology this spring, from CSUF,  and have a 3.81 GPA, 2 exceptional LOR and one pretty good one, but only one year or so of various related experiences. 

I am superrrrrr nervous about all of this stuff, so I figured I would stick around here and see what you all have to say! I applied via Calstate Apply on October 2, and have only received my ID from CSULA. I am hoping to turn in all my applications next week, possibly the week after!

Let’s hope for the best y’all 😬

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi everyone!  

I just got an email from CSUF that says I will get an email in a week from the university with my CWID.  Nothing from CSULB though.

I went to an info session at CSUF and was pretty impressed with the program. 

Keeping my fingers cross for everyone :) 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Hi there! I am a senior Psychology student at Cal State Fullerton planning to apply to MSW programs this fall. I plan on applying to CSUF, CSULB, CSUSM, and UCLA. UCLA would be the dream- but all programs have caught my attention! My long term goals are to become a LCSW. Here are my stats:

3.25 Overall GPA, 3.75 last 60 units

I've provided ABA therapy for kids with Autism and other disabilities for 3 years. I am also a Parent Consult, so teaching the parents ABA therapy for 1.5 years. I work with the kiddos and take data on their behaviors, cognitive skills, social skills, communicational skills, etc. 

I am a Youth Mentor with the Mental Health Association of OC. I help my client with goals provided by her therapist and write reports on her progress. Goals include self-esteem, assertion, communication, personal growth, etc. 6 months experience

Peer Mentor for the psychology department here at CSUF. I have office hours and help students with course material, hold study skills workshops, help with job searching/resume building. I am also the co-editor of the psychology newsletter. 

I  am also a member of 2 psychology related clubs.

I've been working hard on my personal statements trying to illustrate all my skills and experiences. Planning to submit my applications mid-November. I am hoping for the best, and sending you all positive vibes as we go through this process together!! 

Edited by AMiscione

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, AMiscione said:

Hi there! I am a senior Psychology student at Cal State Fullerton planning to apply to MSW programs this fall. I plan on applying to CSUF, CSULB, CSUSM, and UCLA. UCLA would be the dream- but all programs have caught my attention! My long term goals are to become a LCSW. Here are my stats:

3.25 Overall GPA, 3.75 last 60 units

I've provided ABA therapy for kids with Autism and other disabilities for 3 years. I am also a Parent Consult, so teaching the parents ABA therapy for 1.5 years. I work with the kiddos and take data on their behaviors, cognitive skills, social skills, communicational skills, etc. 

I am a Youth Mentor with the Mental Health Association of OC. I help my client with goals provided by her therapist and write reports on her progress. Goals include self-esteem, assertion, communication, personal growth, etc. 6 months experience

Peer Mentor for the psychology department here at CSUF. I have office hours and help students with course material, hold study skills workshops, help with job searching/resume building. I am also the co-editor of the psychology newsletter. 

I  am also a member of 2 psychology related clubs.

I've been working hard on my personal statements trying to illustrate all my skills and experiences. Planning to submit my applications mid-November. I am hoping for the best, and sending you all positive vibes as we go through this process together!! 

Hi! You have great experience.  I think you have a great shot at UCLA, but I know how competitive it is, so it's smart to have other options.  And at the end of the day, it's all the same degree :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy.