Jerusalem

CSULB MSW fall 2019

Hey, I wanted to start a thread to share stats and acceptance/rejection timelines. 

I am currently applying to CSULB, CSULA, and CSUDH. Cal state long beach is my top choice. I am ready to turn in my application as soon as I get my ID. 

My overall GPA is 3.1 and my last 60 unit GPA is 3.5. 

I only have one Social work related work experience but I have worked there for 3 years. I have also worked as a research and teaching assistant for 2 years. Hopefully, that will help. 

On 10/8/2018 at 10:45 PM, Jerusalem said:

Hey, I wanted to start a thread to share stats and acceptance/rejection timelines. 

I am currently applying to CSULB, CSULA, and CSUDH. Cal state long beach is my top choice. I am ready to turn in my application as soon as I get my ID. 

My overall GPA is 3.1 and my last 60 unit GPA is 3.5. 

I only have one Social work related work experience but I have worked there for 3 years. I have also worked as a research and teaching assistant for 2 years. Hopefully, that will help. 

Good luck!!  

Hi! I am applying to CSULB and CSUF, but CSULB is my first choice.

I have a 3.1 GPA for undergrad, and a 3.9 GPA for my first MS (in Psychology from CSULA).

I have almost 5 years experience working in the non-profit field, and want to get my MSW so I can get licensed (I can't get a licence with my first MS) and move up in the non-profit world. 

I am hopefully going to finish my personal statements this weekend and turn in my applications by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed for us all :-)

11 hours ago, jlryan1988 said:

Good luck!!  

Hi! I am applying to CSULB and CSUF, but CSULB is my first choice.

I have a 3.1 GPA for undergrad, and a 3.9 GPA for my first MS (in Psychology from CSULA).

I have almost 5 years experience working in the non-profit field, and want to get my MSW so I can get licensed (I can't get a licence with my first MS) and move up in the non-profit world. 

I am hopefully going to finish my personal statements this weekend and turn in my applications by the end of the month.

Fingers crossed for us all 🙂

Hey:) Good Luck to you too! 

You have a really good GPA. And I thought you can get licensed with MS in psychology. I am currently doing my undergrad in psychology.  Have you gotten your ID from CSULB? 

On 10/10/2018 at 11:15 PM, Jerusalem said:

Hey:) Good Luck to you too! 

You have a really good GPA. And I thought you can get licensed with MS in psychology. I am currently doing my undergrad in psychology.  Have you gotten your ID from CSULB? 

Thanks!  My first MS was on track to a PhD, and I didn't take all of the required classes to register with the licensing board.  So, I have to start over, but that's okay.  

I haven't gotten my ID yet, I submitted the application on CalApply on Saturday, so I expect I will get my ID soon enough.  

Where are you currently at for your undergrad?

On 10/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, jlryan1988 said:

Thanks!  My first MS was on track to a PhD, and I didn't take all of the required classes to register with the licensing board.  So, I have to start over, but that's okay.  

I haven't gotten my ID yet, I submitted the application on CalApply on Saturday, so I expect I will get my ID soon enough.  

Where are you currently at for your undergrad?

Oh that sucks! I am currently at CSUSM. 

I applied to CalApply on October 3rd and still nothing. 

Hey everyone! 

I am applying for MSW program at CSULB, CSUF, and CSULA, with Long Beach being the number one choice.

I am finishing my MA in psychology this spring, from CSUF,  and have a 3.81 GPA, 2 exceptional LOR and one pretty good one, but only one year or so of various related experiences. 

I am superrrrrr nervous about all of this stuff, so I figured I would stick around here and see what you all have to say! I applied via Calstate Apply on October 2, and have only received my ID from CSULA. I am hoping to turn in all my applications next week, possibly the week after!

Let’s hope for the best y’all 😬

Hi everyone!  

I just got an email from CSUF that says I will get an email in a week from the university with my CWID.  Nothing from CSULB though.

I went to an info session at CSUF and was pretty impressed with the program. 

Keeping my fingers cross for everyone :) 

Hi there! I am a senior Psychology student at Cal State Fullerton planning to apply to MSW programs this fall. I plan on applying to CSUF, CSULB, CSUSM, and UCLA. UCLA would be the dream- but all programs have caught my attention! My long term goals are to become a LCSW. Here are my stats:

3.25 Overall GPA, 3.75 last 60 units

I've provided ABA therapy for kids with Autism and other disabilities for 3 years. I am also a Parent Consult, so teaching the parents ABA therapy for 1.5 years. I work with the kiddos and take data on their behaviors, cognitive skills, social skills, communicational skills, etc. 

I am a Youth Mentor with the Mental Health Association of OC. I help my client with goals provided by her therapist and write reports on her progress. Goals include self-esteem, assertion, communication, personal growth, etc. 6 months experience

Peer Mentor for the psychology department here at CSUF. I have office hours and help students with course material, hold study skills workshops, help with job searching/resume building. I am also the co-editor of the psychology newsletter. 

I  am also a member of 2 psychology related clubs.

I've been working hard on my personal statements trying to illustrate all my skills and experiences. Planning to submit my applications mid-November. I am hoping for the best, and sending you all positive vibes as we go through this process together!! 

Edited by AMiscione

On 10/18/2018 at 1:58 PM, AMiscione said:

Hi there! I am a senior Psychology student at Cal State Fullerton planning to apply to MSW programs this fall. I plan on applying to CSUF, CSULB, CSUSM, and UCLA. UCLA would be the dream- but all programs have caught my attention! My long term goals are to become a LCSW. Here are my stats:

3.25 Overall GPA, 3.75 last 60 units

I've provided ABA therapy for kids with Autism and other disabilities for 3 years. I am also a Parent Consult, so teaching the parents ABA therapy for 1.5 years. I work with the kiddos and take data on their behaviors, cognitive skills, social skills, communicational skills, etc. 

I am a Youth Mentor with the Mental Health Association of OC. I help my client with goals provided by her therapist and write reports on her progress. Goals include self-esteem, assertion, communication, personal growth, etc. 6 months experience

Peer Mentor for the psychology department here at CSUF. I have office hours and help students with course material, hold study skills workshops, help with job searching/resume building. I am also the co-editor of the psychology newsletter. 

I  am also a member of 2 psychology related clubs.

I've been working hard on my personal statements trying to illustrate all my skills and experiences. Planning to submit my applications mid-November. I am hoping for the best, and sending you all positive vibes as we go through this process together!! 

Hi! You have great experience.  I think you have a great shot at UCLA, but I know how competitive it is, so it's smart to have other options.  And at the end of the day, it's all the same degree :)