GRE Anxiety (Applying to PhD programs)

I just received my GRE results, which turned out to be really low (161V, 156Q, 4.5AWA). I am not sure if I have enough time to prepare for another test and get higher scores, and it makes me really anxious. I know that this question might have been already asked 100 times, but does GRE really matter a lot? I am afraid that there is going to be some gre cut off and my application won't even be considered with such scores. I have a good writing sample and recommendations, relatively good GPA (3.77).

I did only slightly better than you on the Quant. by 1 point, and I am a engineer (eek!), so I wouldn't worry! To be honest, I freaked out about my scores too (let's just say none of my scores were in the 160's), but if you make the other parts of your applications shine, the GRE won't be too much of a focus for the admission committee. Anyways, your scores are great, so be proud of yourself! Good luck! 

Also, sorry for barging in on the Art History folks!

Edited by Moods 2.0