Coping with slander?

Gludoosel

Hello all, 

Im currently a graduate student in chemistry. This is my second year and things have taken a turn for the worst. I shared an article on fb about south african land grabs ( I have south african friends who tell me a lot of horrible things happening there to minorities)    and because of this some of my fellow phds have started calling me a white supremacist and a nazi behind my back despite never ever saying or doing something to imply that I am other than that post. Im half jewish and partly african but my complextion looks white, being called a nazi is very offensive to me. They have totally aliented me and are now spreading other completely false rumors about me. This behaviour is very immature and I feel this slander may have a considerable impact on my career. What do I do? 

14 hours ago, Gludoosel said:

Hello all, 

Im currently a graduate student in chemistry. This is my second year and things have taken a turn for the worst. I shared an article on fb about south african land grabs ( I have south african friends who tell me a lot of horrible things happening there to minorities)    and because of this some of my fellow phds have started calling me a white supremacist and a nazi behind my back despite never ever saying or doing something to imply that I am other than that post. Im half jewish and partly african but my complextion looks white, being called a nazi is very offensive to me. They have totally aliented me and are now spreading other completely false rumors about me. This behaviour is very immature and I feel this slander may have a considerable impact on my career. What do I do? 

What article did you post?