Emory?

KSEE

Hey, guys!

Anyone here going to Emory? I was recently accepted into the Rollins School of Public Health for Global Environmental Health. I have trolled all message boards for other RSPH students (to no avail).

Anyone going to Emory (for any program)? I'd love to talk to you!

I also got accepted and 50% sure to attend. MPH Global Health. It's a huge financial committment for me. No scholarships, just loans. How are you paying?

Hi! Thanks for the reply! To answer your question about how I'm paying for school . . . tons of loans, I suppose. I didn't get any offers, from UGA or Emory, so I'm going to gamble a bit that Emory is the best school (and I'm not the gambling type, at all). It's gonna be tough, but I hear it's a great investment. Are you going to the Visit Emory event this weekend? I am coming down with my mother and mother in law to look at Emory and some apartments. I'd like to know at least one person at those awkward panel things.

I went to Emory undergrad. and have some friends who went to Rollins Public Health program. I think they like the experience so far. I LOVED my Emory experience. Do you have any specific questions? btw, CONGRATULATIONS!

Thanks! I guess the question I always ask is . . . is it worth it? I am almost positive that it is, but I'd really like to know what assistantships/ job opportunities I'll have while in school. I didn't get any offers, so I'm gonna have to come up with some other means of paying. Do your friends have research positions, and if so- how did they get one!?

I was told by Rollins that I wouldn't qualify for research positions/assistantship type things until Novemberish because I needed the chance to feel out professors (really for them to feel me out, I suppose). I wish I knew something! I mean- most people know what's on the table before they make their school decisions, not after they've signed the dotted line!

I went to Emory undergrad. and have some friends who went to Rollins Public Health program. I think they like the experience so far. I LOVED my Emory experience. Do you have any specific questions? btw, CONGRATULATIONS!

By the way, my boyfriend is going to Georgia Tech for Cognitive Psych this fall to work with Randy Engle (sp?). Where are you going to grad school? I am always interested to hear; not many people on this site are in Cognitive Psych.

Hi! Thanks for the reply! To answer your question about how I'm paying for school . . . tons of loans, I suppose. I didn't get any offers, from UGA or Emory, so I'm going to gamble a bit that Emory is the best school (and I'm not the gambling type, at all). It's gonna be tough, but I hear it's a great investment. Are you going to the Visit Emory event this weekend? I am coming down with my mother and mother in law to look at Emory and some apartments. I'd like to know at least one person at those awkward panel things.

I am taking out loans too sucks but I think it is worth it. At this point I am 70% sure to attend. I live in Hawai'i and I cannot make the trip next weekend for Visit Emory. Hope you have fun. Leave a note on how it goes....

I think the second year will be easier, re: assistantships and stuff.

Actually no one I know at Rollins has research positions - i think they either took out loans or their parents paid for the school. I think it is totally worth it. Emory is great - the faculty members are really nice and helpful, the campus is gorgeous and the facility is amazing. I am sure if you want to get a research position, you will be able to get it (either paid or volunteer). The profs are pro-research :)

As for me, I wanted to head back up to North East to be in "academic belt". I am still waiting to hear back from a couple of programs but I have an offer from SUNY Binghamton. Cog Psyc is a pretty small but growing field. Surprisingly, there are a ton of Cog psyc applicants this year. It makes me excited but also think that I might have picked a wrong year to apply :P

Important Information

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. See our Privacy Policy and Terms of Use