i'm on the third draft of my SOP and i'd really appreciate having someone else look it over and give me some suggestions - and i'm happy to offer the same in return! so if you'd like to swap SOPs, or even if you don't want to share yours but would be happy to give me some comments on mine, please post here or PM me.

some quick background details, if they're helpful: i'm an international student from england, i've recently completed a masters from oxford in eighteenth century and romantic literature - and so whilst i know everyone finds the statement of purpose unfathomable, i am finding it particularly difficult to get the balance right, especially when it comes to the research proposal part as i'm worried i've gone too specific. most of the schools i'm applying to have requested a SOP of around 1,000 words or 1-3 pages so mine comes in at roughly 950 words, but i'm happy to look at shorter/longer ones.

if anyone is thinking about applying to uk phds/masters, i'm also happy to share/swap research proposals! as they are quite a different beast to SOPs.

(i'd also be happy to swap with people in similar areas i.e. other humanities students, if anyone is interested)