Anyone applying to McMaster ehealth program in Fall 2019?

Stephen Gu

5 hours ago, iakuasa said:

Honestly, I do not know what the order is, but I dont think its alphabetical - think they’re considering various factors (ie international/in vs out of province applicants, etc). I was actually invited to interview on Feb 23rd but couldn’t make it because of other commitments (they only emailed me Feb 22nd). Since then, I have been waiting for a new date & time. I have confirmed that they are still interviewing next week, there were several applicants who asked for certain days of the week & stuff - hoping to hear back today about next week. I’d suggest following up if you dont hear anything today! 

If you don't mind me asking, are you an international or domestic student? I am in province and actually already attending Mac. Also, did you apply to the thesis stream or course based?

I had also emailed to follow up on a date and was essentially told the same thing as you so I guess we hope that we get an interview date for next week.

18 minutes ago, tsxxxxx said:

If you don't mind me asking, are you an international or domestic student? I am in province and actually already attending Mac. Also, did you apply to the thesis stream or course based?

I had also emailed to follow up on a date and was essentially told the same thing as you so I guess we hope that we get an interview date for next week.

Hey :) I’m in-province as well, currently working full-time in Toronto (main reason why I was pushing for a Saturday interview lol). I applied to the course-based stream, how about you?

Yep, waiting game it is - I also haven’t heard anything yet today. 

Edited by iakuasa

1 minute ago, iakuasa said:

Hey :) I’m in-province as well, currently working full-time in Toronto (main reason why I was pushing for a Saturday interview lol). I applied to the course-based stream, how about you?

Yep, waiting game it is - I also haven’t heard anything yet today. 

I also applied to the course based stream, I'm just trying to get a better sense of who they're interviewing first. It's getting slightly nerve wracking to be waiting this long.

Really hope we hear back today!!

7 minutes ago, tsxxxxx said:

I also applied to the course based stream, I'm just trying to get a better sense of who they're interviewing first. It's getting slightly nerve wracking to be waiting this long.

Really hope we hear back today!!

I agree 100%, I’ve been checking my emails frantically all week. 

Fingers crossed!!

On 3/13/2019 at 9:26 PM, mcmasterrrrrrr said:

i got an email on monday from the program admin saying that they are going to recommend me for admission to the graduate studies office!  did my interview on feb 23. 

Hi. Congratulations..Would mind telling if you are an international student? N also whether u have applied for a thesis based or a course based option?

Hello ppl. I had appeared for the interview on 23rd Feb. However I havent heard anything from them yet. All of those who have received the recommendations post their interviews, if you dont mind, i request you to kindly share if you are an international applicant and also the choice of course (thesis/course based)

22 hours ago, Ksm said:

Hello ppl. I had appeared for the interview on 23rd Feb. However I havent heard anything from them yet. All of those who have received the recommendations post their interviews, if you dont mind, i request you to kindly share if you are an international applicant and also the choice of course (thesis/course based)

I'm an international applicant and I chose the course based option. 

Don't worry, they are still sending recommendations and also interviews. 

On 3/17/2019 at 7:52 AM, Ksm said:

Hi. Congratulations..Would mind telling if you are an international student? N also whether u have applied for a thesis based or a course based option?

thanks! im not an international student, i go to mcmaster. i applied for the course based option! 

I see some of you messaged me and I'm sorry I've taken a while. I had my interview at 10:00 AM, last week on Wednesday. I received the email 2 hours later telling me that I would be recommended for admission. I was told that I should get the final admission offer within a week (which will be tomorrow), I haven't heard anything yet. When I went for my interview last week, I was told that they were admitting a total of 34 students into the program --the most they've ever allowed. When I left, I asked if they were almost finished interviewing candidates and they said that they were almost done but had a few left. I was also told earlier, during the application season, that students who applied for the thesis base stream would also be considered for the course based stream should they not be granted admission to the thesis program. I'm an in-province applicant, currently working full time in Hamilton and I applied for the thesis program.

15 minutes ago, E.G.G said:

Not 100% sure if that was for both programs or for thesis only. They said this is the year they've received the most applicants by a large number and so they were increasing admissions from 32 to 34.

Do you know how many people they are interviewing in total?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to share some information I received during my interview:

1) ~38-40 Full-time students will be admitted (number admitted varies from year to year - dependent on the number of applicants). 

2) ~ 6 Part-time students are typically admitted per year 

3) They expect the TOTAL size of the incoming cohort to be approx. 50 students

Wishing everyone the best of luck :) 

Edited by iakuasa

Also update: I just received an email that they are going to recommend me for admission to the graduate studies office. I interviewed today around 4 PM.

6 hours ago, iakuasa said:

Also update: I just received an email that they are going to recommend me for admission to the graduate studies office. I interviewed today around 4 PM.

Did u interview today in person or through Skype??

Received an email stating that they would be recommending my file to the graduate office for review and that the graduate office will have the final say. I would be receiving the final offer within the next 5-7 business days. Hoping to recieve the final offer soon and very excited to meeting ya'll☺️

6 hours ago, Vidvin said:

Did u interview today in person or through Skype??

Hi, I interviewed via Skype. I have no clue if it’s the exact same faculty members for everyone, but I will say that in a way I expected to be interviewed by the two interviewers I had - I had asked an eHealth alumni for names of potential interviewers, both of their names were mentioned.

Edited by iakuasa