Waitlisted for funding....

JackieW

Well, so far I have been accepted to four master's programs and waitlisted at another. (I haven't updated my signature yet though, so just ignore it.)

Anyway, I haven't received any funding at any of them... yet. BUT, at one school (Marquette), I am currently at the top of the waitlist for full-funding. The grad coordinator (who I have been in email contact with for a few weeks now) told me the other day that me receiving funding is still a "distinct possibility."

So, basically, the purpose of this post is pretty much just to complain, whine, and freak out. Do you think my chances are good, oh Grad Cafe gods?

You probably have a very high chance; others will probably end up at other places. Try to stay positive. And congrats. Getting funding at the MA level is quite rare (as you know).

I'm in the same situation at U Wisconsin-Madison, accepted but on a waitlist for first-year funding (everyone is fully funded through teaching assistantships after that). I was told that there are "only a few people ahead of" me in line for that funding, but there are just no guarantees and it totally depends on the decisions of others. So I am left to ponder the malleable definition of "a few" and hope that "a few" people who got funded offers soon accept offers at Harvardstanfordyale!