SLP or AUD program don't require LOR? 2019 fall or summer

Hello, 

Does anyone know any program that don't require LOR or just ask for reference or maybe require only 1-2 letters.

I've been out of school for a while and have been working as an accounting assistant, so I don't know if asking a letter from my boss is ok...

I'm trying to apply for 2019 fall/Summer even 2020 Spring, I've been really exhausted from applying for two years in a row and not get into any schools...

I think I have ok gpa (3.6 overall and 3.7 major) and good resume but not so good in GRE (V;143 ish and Q:155 ish)

Any recommendations on schools with what I have? 

many thanks,

https://www.asha.org/edfind/results.aspx?area=SLP&degree=MASTERS&location=ALL

I'm not entirely familiar, but I know that ASHA's website lists all of the universities and most of them say if they require recommendations (and how many), as well as the average GRE scores they see. I know some of them don't require the GRE, at least. Do you have any volunteer experience? That may offset the areas you are concerned about. You could also make a note in the application to explain why you're a great candidate despite x, y, z. Maybe you could even apply to be an SLP-A so you're building that experience and are in the field while you wait for your acceptance(s). If you end up applying for Spring 2020 and are an SLP-A, you could then ask your SLP supervisors to write you a recommendation.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:02 PM, slpaudtobee said:

Hello, 

Does anyone know any program that don't require LOR or just ask for reference or maybe require only 1-2 letters.

I've been out of school for a while and have been working as an accounting assistant, so I don't know if asking a letter from my boss is ok...

I'm trying to apply for 2019 fall/Summer even 2020 Spring, I've been really exhausted from applying for two years in a row and not get into any schools...

I think I have ok gpa (3.6 overall and 3.7 major) and good resume but not so good in GRE (V;143 ish and Q:155 ish)

Any recommendations on schools with what I have? 

many thanks,

LOR are one requirement I’ve seen across the board. Some schools may not require the GRE, let me know if you find any schools.

One of my programs (NCCU) only requires 2 letters of rec - I'd suggest checking ASHA EdFind and looking at the requirements, as I'm sure that there are at least several more than would only require 2, and some only requiring one. Also if you've been out of school a while I think the programs are much more accepting of letters from bosses or coworkers, from what I've seen at the places I'm applying to, so honestly if I were you I'd just get some from those people.