Queen's University (Canada) GRE Scores

FallGO

For those who are applying to Queen's University. I wonder whether you are able to ensure your official GRE scores will be received by Dec. 1st (the deadline).

The website states " The admissions application deadline, and ALL supporting documents (including GRE scores, references, etc.), are due December 1st of each year for the next academic year " It didn't say the official scores must be received by Dec. 1. 

I already received all my scores and I can attach an unofficial PDF test results, but I don't know if this is acceptable. I emailed the department graduate office and no reply yet. It's difficult to get the official GRE scores received on time, I contacted ETS, it usually took 5 weeks to mail scores from the U.S. to Canada, plus the American Thanksgiving Holiday and Canada Post strike, it may take even longer. I would like to hear all your experiences with Queen's.

I'm very panic now. Thank you!

Edited by FallGO

I would just wait for the department’s reply. Chances are they will let you attach or email your unofficial score report. 

In the meantime, send your official scores ASAP so that they will arrive as soon as they can, even if it’s late. In my experience, the scores took more like 10-14 days to arrive to schools, not 5 weeks, although there was no postal strike at the time. 

28 minutes ago, hsnl said:

I would just wait for the department’s reply. Chances are they will let you attach or email your unofficial score report. 

In the meantime, send your official scores ASAP so that they will arrive as soon as they can, even if it’s late. In my experience, the scores took more like 10-14 days to arrive to schools, not 5 weeks, although there was no postal strike at the time. 

Thank you! I've ordered my scores and it is reported today. Hopefully it will arrive on time!

28 minutes ago, FacelessMage said:

I'd honestly wait for the department. They may be a bit more lenient right now due to the mess that is the postal strike but they should let you know. 

Thank you! Yes, I will wait, finger crossed it will be okay. Did you apply to Queens before?

20 hours ago, FallGO said:

Thank you! Yes, I will wait, finger crossed it will be okay. Did you apply to Queens before?

I never applied to Queens, but from my extensive application experience, departments were usually pretty chill if something happened in the application process that was out of your control.