[CV Entries] When do you stop being research assistant and become a collaborator?

howdoiexitvim

I am updating my CV for future Masters applications, and one important change since last time is that I joined a research project with a role with far more responsibilities than previous research experience I have. This project has an interdisciplinary approach, and I am the member of that team 100% responsible for the analysis within the theoretical frameworks of my field. I was invited as a collaborator, and our interactions within the project are horizontal, but as far as I know undergrads are never officially referred as collaborators - that's reserved for doctoral students and up.

How should I phrase this on my CV in a way that does justice to my increased responsibilities compared my other Research Assistant entries, but that is not violating academic CV norms?

Well if you were listed as one of the principle investigators then I would say that title would indicate the level of responsibility you were given.  If you were not I think its better to leave your title as undergraduate research assistant and sell how much responsibility you had in your list of job duties.  You might say something like "solely responsible for all analyses using theoretical framework of specific field" rather than "data analysis."  You might also say "proposal development included serving as a consultant regarding theoretical framework of specific field" rather than "assisted with the literature review."  It would also be a good idea to check with your advisor about how to showcase your responsibilities and include field specific phrases and norms.