Post-Application Submission Warm Fuzzies

randata

I got hit hard by some warm and fuzzy feelings, so...

To all my fellow applicants, and especially to the future members of my graduate cohort:
December has arrived and with it comes the deadline for many of the programs we hope to attend next fall.

Congratulations on all of your hard work not only throughout the application process, but in all of your preparations to make yourself a good candidate!

It's been nerve-wracking, but we're stressed because we care about the field and our future in it–I think your passion will be reflected in your statements and in the academic life you're presenting to the faculty of these programs.

We'll work through our rejections and come out better for it, even if that means trying again next year.

I hope that the programs we attend are our best fits and in a community that we'll love.

To any and all faculty members now tasked with admitting students:
Us applicants may be feeling some relief, but I know you still have the work of evaluating our applications and making the difficult judgement calls that come with that territory. I hope the process is as hassle free as possible and that the best candidates for your program are easy to find. Good luck and godspeed!

It's finally that time of year again: Season's Greetings! And my best wishes for a good new year to all of you!
?