Fall 2019 Quantitative Psychology Applicants

Quant2019Fall

12 hours ago, jennyshaw228 said:

I got interviews from UND and UW( this program is in the department of educational psychology). I just know I am in the ND's waiting list, so sad :(  Did anyone apply for the same programs and have any updates?  

Hi! I applied to notre dame and the prof told me I didn’t make it to the interview stage. So, you went for the interview and then they waitlisted you? 

2 hours ago, jennyshaw228 said:

Yes. Did you get any updates from the ND?

So I just asked my POI why I didn’t get any interview invites and he said my GRE scores were a lacking factor. Apart from that no other info. This was like 2 weeks ago. 

So, when you went for the interview week, how many applicants were there with you and who was your primary supervisor?

Edited by bat_blah

44 minutes ago, bat_blah said:

So I just asked my POI why I didn’t get any interview invites and he said my GRE scores were a lacking factor. Apart from that no other info. This was like 2 weeks ago. 

So, when you went for the interview week, how many applicants were there with you and who was your primary supervisor?

We just had an online interview, so I have no ideas about the number of applications for this year.  I wrote three potential supervisors in my SOP and the committee told me to decide one after being admitted. But I am unsure whether I would have this opportunity in the future...

Edited by jennyshaw228

3 hours ago, jennyshaw228 said:

We just had an online interview, so I have no ideas about the number of applications for this year.  I wrote three potential supervisors in my SOP and the committee told me to decide one after being admitted. But I am unsure whether I would have this opportunity in the future...

I got an email today to check my status and it was to confirm my rejection. This sucks man!

Hmm. I think they’ll get back to you around March/April when they have acceptances from the selected people and see if they can accommodate more. 

I also checked another Psychology thread with the person in the same boat as you. Someone suugested that it’s okay to contact the POI/Department about how many people are waitlisted and when to expect the results and stuff. Maybe you can try that and see what they reply. All the best!

Edited by bat_blah

55 minutes ago, bat_blah said:

I got an email today to check my status and it was to confirm my rejection. This sucks man!

Hmm. I think they’ll get back to you around March/April when they have acceptances from the selected people and see if they can accommodate more. 

I also checked another Psychology thread with the person in the same boat as you. Someone suugested that it’s okay to contact the POI/Department about how many people are waitlisted and when to expect the results and stuff. Maybe you can try that and see what they reply. All the best!

Thanks for your suggestions! Good luck with your other applications!

• 3 weeks later...