Would it be helpful to mention other institution?

Hey folks!

Just a single question!

I am writing the career aspiration part in my SoP for a program. Would it be helpful to tell them I wish to further my study in some other institution after that? Or should I avoid mentioning I am leaving after that program? By that, I wanted to be specific but I really don't know what to avoid in my SoP.

Can anyone help if you ever see this?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Hazel

On 12/19/2018 at 4:39 PM, Hicokuma said:

Hey folks!

Just a single question!

I am writing the career aspiration part in my SoP for a program. Would it be helpful to tell them I wish to further my study in some other institution after that? Or should I avoid mentioning I am leaving after that program? By that, I wanted to be specific but I really don't know what to avoid in my SoP.

Can anyone help if you ever see this?

Thank you in advance!

Best,

Hazel

Are you applying to an MA program with the intention to pursue a PhD in this other institution? If so, why not only mention that you're applying to this program in order to pursue a PhD in the future? Why would they need to know exactly which PhD you are expecting tu pursue afterwards? Most institutions actually want you to pursue the PhD in a different place, so for an MA program, they probably don't expect you to stay with them. I wouldn't mention it at all. 

I would keep this information private. Logically, there is no need for any committee to know to what institutions a candidate is applying to. Their sole purpose should be to determine the applicant's abilities to function in their program. Also, does a committee share with you the names of the other candidates that are also applying to their program?!