Accepted into a school but it was uncerimonious and there is no details?

woodhouse 1

So I went on American University's website today to check on my application status. I wasn't really expecting to hear anything until February. But it says I got in! I apparently was accepted yesterday but I never received an email or anything and just happened to look at the website today.

But there is no information about funding or anything like that? Should I expect to receive physical mail / an email sometime soon with that information?

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 12:18 PM, woodhouse 1 said:

So I went on American University's website today to check on my application status. I wasn't really expecting to hear anything until February. But it says I got in! I apparently was accepted yesterday but I never received an email or anything and just happened to look at the website today.

But there is no information about funding or anything like that? Should I expect to receive physical mail / an email sometime soon with that information?

Which school did you apply to? I had a similar response from American SPA- I was accepted but no financial aid details ect. 

• 2 weeks later...

Ive been accepted to 3/6 schools I've applied to so far and only one included any scholarship information. It really sucks but I think a lot of schools accept and then wait to give out scholarship/funding information even though it's the main factor for most people's decision making. 

On 1/12/2019 at 4:55 PM, virusologii said:

I'm having this same issue with Georgia State. I got accepted (they did send me an email), but there was no details on financial packages or the deadline to accept.

The national deadline is April 15. I don't think any school has power to force you to decide earlier (unless it's about a scholarship, which I didn't look into).

Usually program directors etc. sent out acceptance emails as soon as their admission decisions were finalized, in order to secure these admitted students. At that point the administrative stuff hasn't been fully processed so they may not be able to tell you much else. (In my head it's like a poor boy proposing to his love without knowing whether they'll be able to afford a house in the future but he still wants her to know he loves her asap; except in the case of grad schools the boy is pretty sure he will have money, just can't promise you yet.)

I received an offer from AU economics program also, no word on funding yet, but asking to accept/reject the offer within 3 weeks, which means next week.

CAn you pm me your contact? then we can chat more

Edited by kennysg

Way back when, I remember this happening with Drexel University. I logged in to check my status because that's what you do when you're anxiously awaiting decisions, and there it was! I didn't actually get a letter or email from them for maybe two weeks. For my current program, I received an acceptance in like March from the department and the grad school sent me something else maybe 3 weeks later (at my school, the department notifies you of your acceptance first, then the grad school processes everything and makes sure you are eligible for admission and all that afterwards). I don't think I heard about funding until late April, possibly May. It's been a while, though, so I don't quite remember the details exactly!