Hi everyone,

I’m having a hard time getting letter of references. I’d like to know if it’s possible I can use a field evaluation (undergrad internship evaluation) substituted for a letter of recommendation? Would the graduate admissions still consider this as a letter of references? 

Thanks. 

If it's appropriate for an MSW program you might be able to ask whoever wrote the evaluation or somebody else in charge of your internship program for a LOR.  Most of the time letters need to be specific, submitted externally, and something that you haven't seen or been able to influence. In addition, universities may ask LOR writers for additional information when they respond to the email request sent through the application portal. If your evaluation is like mine, and it's just a signed form detailing your performance, it probably won't count. Best bet is to ask your admissions office if you're unsure.

On 12/21/2018 at 5:17 PM, palyndrone said:

If it's appropriate for an MSW program you might be able to ask whoever wrote the evaluation or somebody else in charge of your internship program for a LOR.  Most of the time letters need to be specific, submitted externally, and something that you haven't seen or been able to influence. In addition, universities may ask LOR writers for additional information when they respond to the email request sent through the application portal. If your evaluation is like mine, and it's just a signed form detailing your performance, it probably won't count. Best bet is to ask your admissions office if you're unsure.

I will. Thank you so much!