Taking only 2 classes in last semester of undergrad

Hi, everyone! I am graduating with my B.S. in Math and in Stats this Spring, so this is my last semester. I have applied to 7 Statistics Ph.D. programs, all within the 10 top schools (according to US News rankings). Does it matter if I take only 2 classes in my last semester as an undergrad? These are the only ones required to graduate. 

Other details: Several Ph.D. applications asked me for my Spring 2019 schedule, and on there are I listed 4 classes (2 math classes beyond what is necessary to graduate). This was only on the original applications I submitted in December. I have not received any correspondence from any schools yet. I'm doubtful that my admission would be contingent on the completion of these 2 additional math classes, since I still will have taken 2 years of real analysis before beginning a Ph.D. program. Any free time I'd gain from dropping these 2 classes would be spent working on a research project, which I'm hoping to relate to my Ph.D. research. 

I would greatly appreciate any thoughts on this, before changing my Spring schedule! Thanks. 

Edited by orchidnora
clarification

I think that programs will be a little skeptical about why you said you were going to take 4 math classes and then decided to drop 2 of them, depending on how relevant they are to each of the school's stats PhD programs. But I would try to stay a full-time student every semester, even if that means taking "filler" classes. It would be ideal if you could get credit for your research project through an independent study or something like that! What are the 2 classes you want to drop?

Thanks for the responses! 

The two classes I need to graduate are one math elective and foreign language. The other two classes I signed up for are Foundations of Math (which I’m pretty sure has little relevance to stats) and theoretical differential geometry. I would sign up for research credits, but I have already taken them before. I just don’t want my last semester to be too stressful, since I’ll have no break before grad school (I have a research internship that I’m looking forward to this summer). But I don’t want this to somehow affect admissions. 

Edited by orchidnora

1 hour ago, orchidnora said:

Thanks for the responses! 

The two classes I need to graduate are one math elective and foreign language. The other two classes I signed up for are Foundations of Math (which I’m pretty sure has little relevance to stats) and theoretical differential geometry. I would sign up for research credits, but I have already taken them before. I just don’t want my last semester to be too stressful, since I’ll have no break before grad school (I have a research internship that I’m looking forward to this summer). But I don’t want this to somehow affect admissions. 

Yeah, those 2 math classes sound fine to drop! No worries. Enjoy your last semester!