Summer 2019 Masters of Health Informatics

adnoy

Hi everyone

Just wanted to start a topic for anyone who is thinking of applying for MHI with admission date of Summer 2019. 

UofT Application deadline: March 1, 2019

__________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm currently working full time in a health care association as a project lead. I have been in this position for 1.5 years. Previous to that, I worked 4 years at a downtown hospital as a research coordinator. My background is in nursing but my focus is on research. I have a Masters degree from UofT (Average Grade: A). 

I want to apply for the executive stream of the MHI program. I was wondering if anyone can give me any insight on whether my experience and education makes me a good candidate for the executive stream. 

Does anyone know if you need to have your employer's permission and basically have a project idea presented to your employer before you even apply? I'm just scared that what happens if I get accepted for the Executive stream, and me and my employer cannot bang out a Health Informatics-related project for the program? 

Please let me know if there are any others applying to the HMI program (regular or executive)

Thanks!