Hey I was wondering if anyone else has applied for the Getty Graduate Internship 2019-2020? I have applied for the Buildings and Sites and Science both with the Getty Conservation Institute.

Has anyone received any response from the Institute yet? I know we're supposed to get the emails for interviews in January and it is only 11th but i'm already eager to know.

I applied to the design department and heard back late December. I wasn’t asked for an interview but to answer interview-like questions (where do you see yourself in 5 years, for example) and send in samples of work. They asked for it to be sent by the 2nd of Jan. Haven’t heard anything since. 

Anyone else applied to the design department?

I heard back from the Vocabulary Program on January 15 and had a phone interview on January 17. They said they would let me know if they heard anything. I never heard back from the other program I applied to, but I'm really hoping to get this one!

• 1 month later...

I wanted to share my experience for posterity since previous threads provided very different timelines from this year. To those still waiting, I unfortunately have no idea if the foundation sends out all of the letters at one time or if it varies by department. I hope you hear back soon!

I received an interview request from one department mid-December 2018 and the second in early January. Both interviews ended up being mid-January. I heard back from the department/one of my interviewers in early February offering me the internship. The official award letter from the foundation did not arrive until March 4th. I don't know if the offer from the department (before foundation award) is standard or not. 

Edited by granfury

• 10 months later...
23 hours ago, wideeyes said:

So far nothing, had my interview early Jan. and was told that at the end of the month they will send their 3 top choices to the Foundation. Did you interview as well?

Yes I interviewed mid-January, no news as yet...

9 hours ago, wideeyes said:

Looks like the results are out, I received an offer today. :) 

Congrats! On which department? Was the e-mail sent by the Foundation or by the interviewer? Tks!

Edited by apca

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Same to you!!

I interviewed with GRI Special Collections too! and then GRI Project for Provenance Research. I have assumed now since I have not heard anything, it is not looking good. Let me know if you hear anything!

Edited by blueskies12

4 hours ago, blueskies12 said:

Same to you!!

I interviewed with GRI Special Collections too! and then GRI Project for Provenance Research. I have assumed now since I have not heard anything, it is not looking good. Let me know if you hear anything!

I will definitely let you know - I think because we both haven't heard anything that there is still some promise! I hope that we are both placed and get to be part of the same internship cohort this upcoming year :) 

1 hour ago, Catsinspace said:

I will definitely let you know - I think because we both haven't heard anything that there is still some promise! I hope that we are both placed and get to be part of the same internship cohort this upcoming year :) 

Yes absolutely !! *fingers crossed*