Whether to Report Fall Grades

Statboy

Hello, I took four major courses (in statistics) in the fall and got a B+ in one of the subjects. It's not a very important subject for Ph.D. admissions (like Real Analysis or Mathematical Statistics) but it still is a statistics course nonetheless and I was wondering if it would be disadvantageous to report my grades. For the other three subjects I each received an A+, but I was worried that since Ph.D. admissions are so competitive nowadays that the B+ might act as a minus on my application. 

Wisconsin sent an e-mail not so long ago to update my fall grades and I have been on the fence about it since. Should I update my grades just for Wisconsin because they asked for it? Or should I update it for all the schools I applied for? Or should I ignore their email and not update my grades at all for any school? (How important are these fall grades in the decision process anyway?)

I know it sounds trivial, but at this stage of the admissions process, there is so little that I can do, that I tend to overthink anything I have any actual control over.

I would appreciate any advice regarding the matter! Thank you in advance.

Edited by Statboy

Agreed with bayessays.

Also, if a school explcitly asks you for your fall grades and you omit them, then it might look like you are deliberately hiding something (like a semester of Fs). It's not worth that risk over one B+.

Edited by theduckster

On 1/15/2019 at 3:24 PM, bayessays said:

That's a good semester that won't hurt you. Obviously submit it to schools that ask.  If your previous grades were iffy, I would consider submitting it to all schools because it's a good semester. 

On 1/15/2019 at 7:10 PM, theduckster said:

Agreed with bayessays.

Also, if a school explcitly asks you for your fall grades and you omit them, then it might look like you are deliberately hiding something (like a semester of Fs). It's not worth that risk over one B+.

Thank you for the replies! I asked because my GPA for this semester was lower than my total GPA, so I was opting not to report it. But with your advice, I have decided to report the grades to any school that asks explicitly!