CSUN MSW FALL 2019

waterairairfire

@CSUNMSW19 Yes, it felt the same way for me I would say.I interviewed with Katie Mortimer and Steven Sherry. Both were great and funny. Kept bringing up The Grammy's throughout the interview lol. 

Ahh let's hope we hear back soon! What cohort did you apply to if you don't mind me asking? 

Hello all.  I applied for Fall 2019 MSW also, but will have my group interview next week.
Has anyone else not had their interview yet?  (am I the last one?)

Edited by 2019MSWHopeful

@MSWDUDE19 I applied for the online program. How about you? Also, they said if we don't hear back a month after the interview to call and check the status. But that we can hear back the latest May 15 I believe. 

Edited by CSUNMSW19

@CSUNMSW19 Oh nice. You had an in-person interview as well? I applied for 3-year, however I made it known on my app that I would be interested in the 2-year or even online. I just prefer doing 3-year is all. 

Really, we can do that? That's good to know because the faculty that interviewed me didn't tell us that we can call & check our status after a month. Just that we may not hear back with a decision until May 15th the latest.  Well, looks like this upcoming Monday will be the moment of truth because it'll be exactly a month since I interviewed. I just can't deal with this wait lol so I'm probably going to end up calling to see what's going on. Unless I get notified before then or something. 

Edited by MSWDUDE19

@MSWDUDE19 Because my program is for the online cohort my interview was all in a zoom session. I’m not too sure if that’s why we were told to give a call in a month to check the status. This coming Monday will be exactly a month since my interview as well, so I’m super nervous. I will also give a call if I don’t hear back by then!

Hi @alirahsmommie I submitted my application around December 15th. The school sent me my interview dates and times through my csun email. 

Edited by CSUNMSW19

hi everyone, I was interviewed on 02/11/2019 and  I am still waiting to hear back. I applied for the 3 year, part- time program. Has anyone heard back from CSUN yet?! The wait is absolutely intense! I feel so nervous.. I wish everyone the best of luck. :D

Yes, @msw_grl I called. They pulled up my application and said I didn't have anything missing. They also said that I had a GPA of 3.3 and how I needed to be patient. But my question to them was if I applied back in November before the priority deadline how come I didn't receive an email. They said it doesn't matter when you apply they don't do first come first serve when reviewing applications and that they look over them all at once. I'm not sure how true that statement is but I heard from more than one person as I was very anxious to know what in the world is going on. But the only thing I can do is be patient and wait it out. Hopefully I will hear some. ?

2 minutes ago, alirahsmommie said:

Yes, @msw_grl I called. They pulled up my application and said I didn't have anything missing. They also said that I had a GPA of 3.3 and how I needed to be patient. But my question to them was if I applied back in November before the priority deadline how come I didn't receive an email. They said it doesn't matter when you apply they don't do first come first serve when reviewing applications and that they look over them all at once. I'm not sure how true that statement is but I heard from more than one person as I was very anxious to know what in the world is going on. But the only thing I can do is be patient and wait it out. Hopefully I will hear some. ?

Oh geeze! i also applied before the priority date back in November. i did get invited for an interview but i am now waiting. I know of a few people that already received an acceptance e-mail. This is just so hard to wait through. I do hope what they told you is correct and that you receive an interview invitation. I know interviews are also still taking place. I wish you the best of luck! Hang in there :) i suppose that is all we can really do. ? 

Hey @msw_grl, I also interviewed on 2/11 and have yet to receive a response. I also applied to the same cohort. I seriously can't with this wait! Especially since I've seen that others have heard back already that interviewed on the same date or even before then. I'm hoping this week will be it for a lot of us. 

What time did you happen to interview, if you don't mind sharing. It's possible we interviewed together.

14 hours ago, MSWDUDE19 said:

Hey @msw_grl, I also interviewed on 2/11 and have yet to receive a response. I also applied to the same cohort. I seriously can't with this wait! Especially since I've seen that others have heard back already that interviewed on the same date or even before then. I'm hoping this week will be it for a lot of us. 

What time did you happen to interview, if you don't mind sharing. It's possible we interviewed together.

Yeah, I feel the same way. The wait is just so difficult. My interview was at 12:15pm, how about your interview?

@msw_grl I know, I'm sorry. It's getting harder by the day. For some reason I thought yesterday was going to be the day as I've noticed that Wednesdays seem to be a trend as the day they send out offers. But still nothing on my end. Let's try to be hopeful though! We're in this together. :) 

I interviewed @ 9:00am. Were you thinking of calling to check on your status if you don't hear back anytime soon? Or do you think that might be pointless since they probably will give you some generic answer? lol. 

@msw_grl Congrats! So there's no need for me to call forsure because I was also accepted earlier today! I think we had similar reactions lol literally probably one of the best feelings ever. 

Omg really? This was my second time applying as well and was my only school too! You're also doing the 3-year cohort right? Man, how crazy haha. 

9 hours ago, msw_grl said:

@MSWDUDE19 i just received an acceptance e-mail not too long ago! I am so shocked, happy and relieved. I wish you the best of luck! This was actually my second time applying and I made it! :) Don't lose hope!! 

1 hour ago, MSWDUDE19 said:

@msw_grl Congrats! So there's no need for me to call forsure because I was also accepted earlier today! I think we had similar reactions lol literally probably one of the best feelings ever. 

Omg really? This was my second time applying as well and was my only school too! You're also doing the 3-year cohort right? Man, how crazy haha. 

Congratulations you two!!!!!

quick question? The first time you applied, did you also get an interview? 

On 1/16/2019 at 2:14 PM, waterairairfire said:

I sent in my application for the 2-year on-campus program, on 01/08/2019.

Alright, who's waiting with me? 

I submitted mine the day of and was invited for an interview early March. I think they are still doing interviews.