CSUN MSW FALL 2019

waterairairfire

On 3/28/2019 at 12:46 AM, MissB07 said:

@FutureSW19Hello ? I also submitted my application the day of and had my interview 03/06. I’m checking my email everyday!!!! Have you applied anywhere else? 

I applied to csudh on January 7th and it is still in review, it’s driving me crazy.   I also applied to csula but was not accepted (not surprised I submitted my application a week before the deadline.   

My back up is a counseling program out of state.   I really like the program but I rather not move out of state.  

Have you applied anywhere else?

Just received admission to the CSUN MSW Program!! Beyond excited and grateful. 

I applied and received admission to the 2-year on-campus program, but due to recent financial and personal reasons, it would be best for me to pursue the online program rather than the on-campus program. I am going to give them a call this morning and see if it is possible to switch tracks from the on-campus to online. My hopes aren't very high, but it's worth asking in any case. 

Congrats to everyone who's going to CSUN!! If I can't do the online program, I SO look forward to meeting you all at orientation later this month!!

On 4/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, FutureSW19 said:

I applied to csudh on January 7th and it is still in review, it’s driving me crazy.   I also applied to csula but was not accepted (not surprised I submitted my application a week before the deadline.   

My back up is a counseling program out of state.   I really like the program but I rather not move out of state.  

On 4/4/2019 at 8:22 AM, FutureSW19 said:

@FutureSW19 you have great options!!! I’m sending you positive vibes for an acceptance letter soon ? 

I applied to CSULB as well. I was going to apply to CSULA, but I didn’t fall in love with the program and something didn’t feel right. I’m really hoping for CSUN. We shall see ?

Edited by MissB07

Hello everyone ! I just got my acceptance email for the on campus fall 2019 cohort. I’m really really excited and hope everyone else hears good news really soon! Looking forward to seeing all you at orientation. 

Edited by Jd2019

14 hours ago, MissB07 said:

@FutureSW19 you have great options!!! I’m sending you positive vibes for an acceptance letter soon ? 

I applied to CSULB as well. I was going to apply to CSULA, but I didn’t fall in love with the program and something didn’t feel right. I’m really hoping for CSUN. We shall see ?

Fingers crossed!! I just got accepted into CSUN. I hope you hear some good news from CSUN and CSULB soon ?

Congratulations to you all! I am still waiting to see if I will be accepted into the online program. I hope to hear something this week because the waiting is driving me crazy. 

19 hours ago, FutureSW19 said:

Fingers crossed!! I just got accepted into CSUN. I hope you hear some good news from CSUN and CSULB soon ?

@FutureSW19 Congrstulations!!! I am super excited for you!!! 

I just got the the email for a waitlist. I’m still keeping my fingers crossed. 

I applied to the online MSW 2 year program. The wait is killing me!!!!!!! My interview was Feb 12th @ 10:00. I have a 3.68 overall GPA and will graduate with my BA in Sociology next month. I saw that one person heard back from the online program. Do you mind sharing stats? Good luck everyone and congrats to those that have been accepted!

On 4/9/2019 at 2:30 PM, Penny Ketchum said:

I applied to the online MSW 2 year program. The wait is killing me!!!!!!! My interview was Feb 12th @ 10:00. I have a 3.68 overall GPA and will graduate with my BA in Sociology next month. I saw that one person heard back from the online program. Do you mind sharing stats? Good luck everyone and congrats to those that have been accepted!

Hey! I was just accepted into the Online 2-year Program earlier this week. I was first admitted to the on-campus MSW 2-year program, but due to some new factors, I opted to do the online program to which I was also admitted. I had my interview February 28th, and was notified of admission early April. 

I have a (honestly) low-end overall GPA with a BA in Philosophy, with about two years of direct (paid) social work experience (working at a suicide hotline, working as a direct provider for many clients with mental health concerns at a non-profit mental health organization in my area, and other various volunteer opportunities also in the social work field). I had some killer recommendations, and my personal statement was (seemingly) good too. 

I think you have an awesome chance at getting in!!! I know the wait sucks big time, but don't lose hope!! Crossing my fingers you'll hear back soon!

Thanks! I hope you’re right! I will be super bummed if I don’t get in.? CSUN is the only school I applied to and if I don’t get in I will have to apply to Brandman. for Spring, or Fall if it’s not too late. The thought of doing the application process again is daunting.

On 4/16/2019 at 10:08 AM, Penny Ketchum said:

Thanks! I hope you’re right! I will be super bummed if I don’t get in.? CSUN is the only school I applied to and if I don’t get in I will have to apply to Brandman. for Spring, or Fall if it’s not too late. The thought of doing the application process again is daunting.

I have high hopes for you!! Please update when you hear back--I'll be crossing my fingers for you!

And I know, the whole application process is overwhelming and definitely daunting. If it doesn't work out with CSUN, just take that as another growth opportunity and try to remember that your awesome skills and experience can help serve a different community! 

GOOD LUCK!

• 2 weeks later...

I got an acceptance email today! They offered me the waitlist for the 2 year online program or a new 3 year part time program they are starting this year since they had so many highly qualified applicants. So I’m waitlisted for two year, but will do the 3 year of I don’t get in.

On 5/9/2019 at 4:15 PM, Penny Ketchum said:

I got an acceptance email today! They offered me the waitlist for the 2 year online program or a new 3 year part time program they are starting this year since they had so many highly qualified applicants. So I’m waitlisted for two year, but will do the 3 year of I don’t get in.

@Penny Ketchum that’s great news!!! I’m happy to hear someone got off the wait list. It gives much more hope :) congrats!!!!