Rutgers

maggiehm

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Rutgers? My application status still reads "no decision," and I actually never got the email about my application being forwarded to the committee for consideration that some people said they got. I know some people were admitted almost two weeks ago, so I'm worried that no news at this point means a de facto rejection. I applied for the online program.

Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Rutgers? My application status still reads "no decision," and I actually never got the email about my application being forwarded to the committee for consideration that some people said they got. I know some people were admitted almost two weeks ago, so I'm worried that no news at this point means a de facto rejection. I applied for the online program.

I think your best bet would be to call them, but judging by the fact that you seem to have gotten no emails from them about anything, its possible that they just have the wrong email address for you. Also, one more thing, the "no decision" status on my account didn't change until well after I received the acceptance email (then again, it DID change eventually, thus your should say something now). All in all, I would say you should definitely give the school a call and see what is going on.

I think your best bet would be to call them, but judging by the fact that you seem to have gotten no emails from them about anything, its possible that they just have the wrong email address for you. Also, one more thing, the "no decision" status on my account didn't change until well after I received the acceptance email (then again, it DID change eventually, thus your should say something now). All in all, I would say you should definitely give the school a call and see what is going on.

My application status also still says no decision. I received an email on Tue (3/23) from Faye Brown though telling me that they have had some delays and that my status should appear on the website by early next week. She also mentioned that she had problems with her server and may have missed some emails but that everything is up and running now.

Thanks for the advice and update, both of you! I called yesterday and was told basically the same thing, that I should hear by next week. One of my transcripts arrived late, despite having been ordered well in advance of the 2/1 deadline, so that put me towards the bottom of the pool of applicants for consideration. Still optimistic, though! I can't afford to do an MLIS program full time and still pay my rent, so I'm really relying on getting into the distance learning program.

Okay, fast-forward a week: I still haven't heard from Rutgers, and I'm definitely becoming less and less optimistic about getting in as time passes. Whatever, if I don't get in, I'll just reapply for spring admission. :(

Okay, fast-forward a week: I still haven't heard from Rutgers, and I'm definitely becoming less and less optimistic about getting in as time passes. Whatever, if I don't get in, I'll just reapply for spring admission. sad.gif

I would suggest giving them a call. At least then you may get some answers. The status of my app didn't change from No Decision until this past Saturday, and I was told that most people should know by early this week. It's still early this week! It can't hurt to call them up. I mean, personally I'd rather have a rejection than the uncertainty of not knowing. Good luck!