Midwestern University Arizona Interview

Hello everyone. I just wanted to post on here and ask if anyone has recently had an interview with this school or have any experience with this interview process and can tell me about the process and kind of how the questions are in the interview? 

Hi! I applied to this program and haven't been contacted about interviewing yet. I applied sometime early December and received an email a few days later about an 'interview waitlist.'

Hoping to hear back soon, that was the first program I heard back from!

On 1/21/2019 at 5:10 PM, eachey17 said:

Hi! I applied to this program and haven't been contacted about interviewing yet. I applied sometime early December and received an email a few days later about an 'interview waitlist.'

Hoping to hear back soon, that was the first program I heard back from!

Good luck! I hope you hear back soon! The wait is the worst part.

Hi! 

I interviewed with them last year. We started in conference/meeting room with everyone interviewing, including those interviewing for other programs. Once it was time, everyone interviewing from other programs went to their own rooms. The director of the SLP program as well as the program coordinatoor then spoke to all of us for a bit and broke us up into 2 groups. First group did interviews while the second group went on the campus tour then vise versa. I interviewed with 2 professors, both super kind and personable. They really wanted to know about who I was so lots of personal questions. After that we all had lunch in the cafeteria with some of the current students from the program. Once lunch was over we went and did the essay. Don’t be nervous about the written part, again they just wanted to see what we knew. After the essay portion, we had a quick financial aid presentation and that was it. 

The professors were so kind and welcoming! They really just want to get to know you. Hope that helps! 

17 hours ago, AAH said:

Hi! 

I interviewed with them last year. We started in conference/meeting room with everyone interviewing, including those interviewing for other programs. Once it was time, everyone interviewing from other programs went to their own rooms. The director of the SLP program as well as the program coordinatoor then spoke to all of us for a bit and broke us up into 2 groups. First group did interviews while the second group went on the campus tour then vise versa. I interviewed with 2 professors, both super kind and personable. They really wanted to know about who I was so lots of personal questions. After that we all had lunch in the cafeteria with some of the current students from the program. Once lunch was over we went and did the essay. Don’t be nervous about the written part, again they just wanted to see what we knew. After the essay portion, we had a quick financial aid presentation and that was it. 

The professors were so kind and welcoming! They really just want to get to know you. Hope that helps! 

That was super helpful, thank you! If you don’t mind me asking did you end up getting accepted?

Hi! I interviewed with them December 17th and was accepted 2 weeks ago! They changed the interview process slightly from last year, but for the most part what AAH said was the same. There were 9 of us interviewing for SLP that day. Expect to be there the whole time, 7:30-2ish. I think the writing was different from last year, we were given 2 prompts (not really SLP related) and had 30 minutes to type it, that was the most stressful part for me, but I got in so I guess I did something right! I interviewed with 2 professors, was asked maybe 4 questions...be sure to know why you want to attend Midwestern lol. Most of the interviews were short, so don’t be worried if yours isn’t long! Last tip, make sure to wear flats because we walked a lot during the campus tour! Good luck!

20 hours ago, Abill12 said:

Hi! I interviewed with them December 17th and was accepted 2 weeks ago! They changed the interview process slightly from last year, but for the most part what AAH said was the same. There were 9 of us interviewing for SLP that day. Expect to be there the whole time, 7:30-2ish. I think the writing was different from last year, we were given 2 prompts (not really SLP related) and had 30 minutes to type it, that was the most stressful part for me, but I got in so I guess I did something right! I interviewed with 2 professors, was asked maybe 4 questions...be sure to know why you want to attend Midwestern lol. Most of the interviews were short, so don’t be worried if yours isn’t long! Last tip, make sure to wear flats because we walked a lot during the campus tour! Good luck!

Thank you and congrats! Did you have to respond to both prompts or pick just one? It’s funny because some other people were saying it was SLP related and like a hypothetical situation you had to write about. Maybe they just decided to change it. 

Edited by KendallSLPA

1 hour ago, KendallSLPA said:

Thank you and congrats! Did you have to respond to both prompts or pick just one? It’s funny because some other people were saying it was SLP related and like a hypothetical situation you had to write about. Maybe they just decided to change it. 

Thanks :) Just pick one! Prompts weren’t SLP treatment related would prob be a better way of saying it! No hypothetical situations or anything like that. More just kind of writing your thoughts on whatever the prompt is. But I think they may have been more SLP related last year from what the current students told us at lunch. But really they’re just looking at your writing in general, so try not to stress too much about it!  

Also, the interviewers told me they don’t see your apps beforehand, which I appreciated. They also completely understand that you’re gonna be nervous (at least the 2 I had did) so I think as long as you go in confident with your answers and are personable I think you’ll be fine!

The other girls I interviewed with that day were all great so that really helped calm the nerves and made the day a little bit more fun too

23 hours ago, Abill12 said:

Thanks :) Just pick one! Prompts weren’t SLP treatment related would prob be a better way of saying it! No hypothetical situations or anything like that. More just kind of writing your thoughts on whatever the prompt is. But I think they may have been more SLP related last year from what the current students told us at lunch. But really they’re just looking at your writing in general, so try not to stress too much about it!  

Also, the interviewers told me they don’t see your apps beforehand, which I appreciated. They also completely understand that you’re gonna be nervous (at least the 2 I had did) so I think as long as you go in confident with your answers and are personable I think you’ll be fine!

The other girls I interviewed with that day were all great so that really helped calm the nerves and made the day a little bit more fun too

Interesting! Thank you for the insight, it makes me feel a bit better ?