Going Back to US... should I contact programs?

yash13177

Hi all!

I am a domestic applicant currently studying abroad. I have two in-person interviews for programs. When I applied to programs I attached a supplemental cover letter where I mentioned I would be visiting the USA between Feb - March (hinting I would be in the US for interviews). I just officially defended my Master's thesis and my boss approved me to go back to the states for a MONTH (thx boss) for interviews instead of flying back and forth.

I applied to 11 programs, only two formal rejections. My question is whether I should email the programs I haven't heard back from to let them know I'll be in the USA? But at this point it seems rather useless since most programs have already made interview decisions....

Edited by yash13177

I think you can try by gently mentioning that you will be nearby the campus and would like to learn about the program in-person. Meanwhile, mention about the possible interview offer.